seattle area OTA

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
patrickRx

seattle area OTA

Post by patrickRx » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:18 am

Hello, I have a HDTC-2US OTA tuner. I am in the Seattle area. A number of channels stopped working on both HD HomeRun and my antenna connect directly to my television. I rescanned my channels as per here: https://www.kiro7.com/station/kiro-7-mo ... /987972560#// All channels now work on the antenna directly connected to my television, but KIRO (7.1, 7.2, 7.3) won't show up on a scan for the HD HomeRun. Anyone have any ideas on how to troubleshoot?

Thank you in advance.

jasonl
Silicondust

Re: seattle area OTA

Post by jasonl » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:07 pm

Please enable the sending of diagnostic data on your HDHomeRun and run a channel scan (see https://info.hdhomerun.com/info/trouble ... iagnostics) then reply back with the device ID for your HDHomeRun and we will check the logs. Also, what zip code are you in?

patrickRx

Post by patrickRx » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:41 pm

Thank you for your reply. My zip code is 98105. I just ran a scan. My device ID is 1050FC7E.

jasonl
Silicondust

Post by jasonl » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:08 pm

Seems like it should come in better than it does. It's just coming in with very low signal quality on that channel. What kind of antenna are you using and what direction is it pointed? KIRO and most of the other stations coming in at lower quality are on Queen Anne Hill which is WSW of you, while the channels that are coming in better are mostly on Capitol Hill which is closer to due south. You may just need to adjust positioning of your antenna to find a better spot. KIRO moved both higher up the tower and to a different frequency, either of which would have some effect on hot and cold spots for their signal.

patrickRx

Post by patrickRx » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:38 pm

Thank you for looking at my logs. I am using an indoor antenna of some kind, it's probably not the greatest. It's up in my attic and I dread having to go up and move it, so i don't really know what direction it's facing. Unfortunate.

Thanks again, when I have some time I will go move the antenna.