CableCARD(tm) - Pairing :: Information is not available.

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
Naylia

CableCARD(tm) - Pairing :: Information is not available.

Post by Naylia » Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:35 pm

Hi everyone!

Has anyone seen a situation where the CableCARD Pairing menu shows only the phrase "Information is not available."? Do I have a bad card? HDHomerun Prime with 20190621 firmware. Browser access works fine. Card OOB Lock Success. Signal Strength of 100%. First light Solid Green, second light Blinky Green. Any thoughts? My first thought was to take the card back and swap it out with Comcast. Anything else I should try?

Thanks,
Nay

3ton

Re: CableCARD(tm) - Pairing :: Information is not available.

Post by 3ton » Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:58 pm

Naylia wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:35 pm
Hi everyone!

Has anyone seen a situation where the CableCARD Pairing menu shows only the phrase "Information is not available."? Do I have a bad card? HDHomerun Prime with 20190621 firmware. Browser access works fine. Card OOB Lock Success. Signal Strength of 100%. First light Solid Green, second light Blinky Green. Any thoughts? My first thought was to take the card back and swap it out with Comcast. Anything else I should try?

Thanks,
Nay
Second light blinking is communicating with cable co. It usually means bad cable card or bad cable signal. Unplug power, pull cable card and put it back in. Just as you insert card, you should feel it click in. Like a little bump. Plug it back in and see if it works. If not get new cable card. Once you restore power second light should blink for awhile and once it finished communicating with cable co. it will go solid green.

jasonl
Silicondust

Re: CableCARD(tm) - Pairing :: Information is not available.

Post by jasonl » Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:40 pm

It could mean the card hasn't been used in a long time (or is brand new) and is getting a firmware update. If it lasts more than an hour, it's probably a bad card.