Trying to set up HDHOMERUN PRIME Channel list issue

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
TheGibsons

Trying to set up HDHOMERUN PRIME Channel list issue

Post by TheGibsons » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:09 pm

So it says the CC is working but when I pull the channel list I get just 5 channels that I do not even have. I took screen shots and a picture of equip. My SP is Spectrum
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Re: Trying to set up HDHOMERUN PRIME Channel list issue

Post by signcarver » Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:48 pm

First i would try without the TA (just disconnect usb) and see if you have more channels as when TA is hooked up, it does all the channel resolving and there are some occasional configuration issues caused when the TA isn't "configured" for the same packages but that is very rare.

The most important page from the cisco cablecard for diagnostics is the CA page and particularly the status on that page as it may not be ready but still show as "success" by the prime.

I couldn't tell how you cabled everything together... i usually find it best to split the signal between prime and TA rather than daisy chain it to the TA... usually on a cisco one can get away with such but on occasion I have seen the TA have issues passing some frequencies.

Most likely you have to call and state you aren't getting all the channels of your package.

TheGibsons

Post by TheGibsons » Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:33 pm

Thanks Signcarver.
I tried what you suggested.
1. without the TA no channels were detected

2. connected with splitter instead of daisy chain.

3. Here is the CA screens

jasonl
Silicondust

Post by jasonl » Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:49 pm

Not Staged is your problem. The CableCARD's conditional access system (the part that deals with giving you access to channels based on the channel packages you're subscribed to) is disabled, so the only channels you're finding in the scan are the ones that aren't encrypted and don't require a subscription. Usually that's just the EAS channel and maybe the PPV preview channel, but sometimes providers let a few others through. You'll need to contact your provider and have them do a cold hit/cold init to get the card working. Once it's been done correctly you'll see it say Status: Ready on the CA screen, and then you should run a new scan.