Firmware Update on very old PRIME

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
kopsis

Firmware Update on very old PRIME

Post by kopsis » Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:54 pm

I have an old PRIME (HDHR3-CC) that's been boxed up for years. It boots and I can go directly to it's local web interface, but it's not detected by the Windows app and my.hdhomerun.com tells me no HDHomeRun detected. I suspect the antique firmware version (20140604) is an issue, but I don't see any way to do a manual update. I'm hoping there's a local web page that lets me upload and flash the latest firmware .bin file, but I haven't found it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

NedS
Silicondust

Re: Firmware Update on very old PRIME

Post by NedS » Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:57 pm

If you are using Windows, download and install the HDHomeRun Setup utility, then open the utility after it installs. Doing so will cause it to look for HDHomeRun tuners on the network and update their firmware: https://download.silicondust.com/hdhome ... indows.exe

If you are using Mac OS, download and install the HDHomeRun software. Doing so will cause it to look for HDHomeRun tuners on the network and update their firmware: https://download.silicondust.com/hdhome ... un_mac.dmg

jasondeanny

Post by jasondeanny » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:41 pm

Hardware Model HDHR3-CC
Firmware Version 20190715beta1

I'm having issues with the tuning resolver. I keep getting the following error message: CableCARD: tr/tr_status_rsp timeout error (cchost_tr_status:86)

I was going to try reverting back to the latest non-beta firmware. I donwloaded the 20190621 and installed it but the fw didn't change. I saw that I could download the BIN file but I can't find any way to upload it to the HDHR3-CC. Any ideas how I can go back to an earlier FW?

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Post by signcarver » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:02 pm

You can't... cablelabs "prohibits" such but they have brought such feature forward to all modern tuners that do dlna/http streaming.

That is a very common message for a TA and the TA will always be the weakest link in keeping things up. In some cases replacing the TA and/or a new hit by your provider might help but often trying to do such is as bad/worse a nightmare than putting up with the TA issues.

jasondeanny

Post by jasondeanny » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:24 pm

Thanks for the assist. Spectrum wasn't much help except to send a tech when they can. I'll try swapping out TA if I can this weekend and hope that fixes the issue. I was able to reload the current FW using the hdhomerun_config command line tools. That didn't fix the problem either.