Duo vs. Quatro Question

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
hdhr-dan

Duo vs. Quatro Question

Post by hdhr-dan » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:07 pm

I just purchased a used Quatro to replace a Duo to have 2 more tuners available to avoid possible recording conflicts. I've had the Duo for about a year and it's consistently pulled in about 60 channels - all that are available in the Dallas-Fort Worth area as far as I know. When I hooked up the Quatro and ran several channel scans, it only pulls in between 45-50 channels, missing several that are must-have for me.

My question is, does the Quatro typically pull in less channels than a Duo because it's dividing the incoming signal between 4 tuners vs just 2 for the Duo? Or is the Quatro box possibly defective? Thanks for any info on this matter.

nickk
Silicondust

Re: Duo vs. Quatro Question

Post by nickk » Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:35 pm

Hi,

Reception should be the same.

Can you please enable "Send diagnostic information" on the device then run a channel scan. This can be done via HDHomeRun Setup on a Windows machine (Advanced tab), or by going to http://my.hdhomerun.com/ and clicking on the device, then System Menu.

Once the scan completes please reply back with the Device ID.

Nick

hdhr-dan

Post by hdhr-dan » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:27 am

Hi Nick,

Okay, I just ran the channel scan with Send Diagnostic Information turned on. The device ID is 10774BB8. Thanks.

jasonl
Silicondust

Post by jasonl » Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:13 pm

Your signals are just not very good in general, and looking through the scans there are a few that the Quatro got that the Duo didn't (KDFI, ION), and a few that the Duo got that the Quatro didn't (PBS, KTXA). You may need to make some adjustments to your antenna to find a better position in general.

likeaw

Post by likeaw » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:46 pm

Had the same problem here in Garland area of DFW. Noticed there are about 8-10 stations that are no longer broadcasting. Think it was 44.1-8 was in there. 79 Stations on Quattro and 88 on Connect.