Getting Unable to Play on DRM Nvidia Shield TV 8.0

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
mkenny28

Getting Unable to Play on DRM Nvidia Shield TV 8.0

Post by mkenny28 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:16 pm

Is DRM viewing supposed to work in the Nvidia Shield TV? I feel like it used to work but it give me the Unable to Play screen when I try. I am using an HD Homerun prime with Cox and their tuning adapter. All menus look good i.e. cable card status and tuner status and the log shows me subscribed to the correct channels when I attempt to view them but them but just getting the black screen and unable to play. I can view DRM channels on my Note 10+ but not on either of my Shield TVs so it has to be something with them and possibly the 8.0 update?

NedS
Silicondust

Re: Getting Unable to Play on DRM Nvidia Shield TV 8.0

Post by NedS » Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:28 pm

DRM restricted channels should play on the Shield. Check the location preferences (needed for some of the DRM stuff): Go into the Android TV settings, -> Apps -> HDHomeRun -> Permissions -> Location. Make sure it is set to on.

mkenny28

Post by mkenny28 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:11 am

NedS wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:28 pm
DRM restricted channels should play on the Shield. Check the location preferences (needed for some of the DRM stuff): Go into the Android TV settings, -> Apps -> HDHomeRun -> Permissions -> Location. Make sure it is set to on.
Thanks but that isn't the issue; Dealing with Nvidia and apparently the Hotfix for broken streaming services is a different certification and I am running it. I guess it is broken until they fix it.

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:48 pm

mkenny28 wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:11 am
NedS wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:28 pm
Thanks but that isn't the issue; Dealing with Nvidia and apparently the Hotfix for broken streaming services is a different certification and I am running it. I guess it is broken until they fix it.
Ah, that would do it.