reception issue

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
docVXL

reception issue

Post by docVXL » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:56 pm

I cannot seem to get reliable reception through my HDHomeRun Duo Connect. Based on what I saw elsewhere on the forum, I have enabled diagnostic information to be sent, my device ID is 10678DAF, and I've had the tuner set to a problem station. I have a professionally installed outdoor antennae. The station I was tuned to comes in very clearly (1080i) when the antenna is connected directly to the TV. This issue is not limited to that station. Each station that I've tried basically has the same issue. I have an Orbi mesh WiFi network. The HDHomeRun is connected to the main router. I get the same result from a Nvidia Shield TV (with an ethernet connection to an Orbi satelite), my phone (wifi), a Roku (wifi), and a Fire TV stick (wifi). I've looked at the forum and elsewhere online but haven't found a fix. Hopefully providing more personalized information here will help.

firemantom26

Re: reception issue

Post by firemantom26 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:11 pm

Good luck. I am having the same problem. I don't receive the same stations as I do with my TV connected to the same antenna. Very Strange

jasonl
Silicondust

Post by jasonl » Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:03 pm

Your reception appears to be fine; you are getting a lot of network packet loss which suggests the network is not able to keep up with the flow of data. Please try wiring one of the devices directly to the same unit the HDHomeRun is connected to and see if things play normally in that configuration.

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F

Post by signcarver » Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:19 pm

One of the biggest issues i often see is caused by wifi "mess" (mesh). Such is good for internet content that can be resent if needed but for live tv, since data can't be resent, it is often a nightmare (wifi gets worse for such as more devices are added including the extra devices you added to create the "mess" in the first place)