Compatibility

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
burdet0226

Compatibility

Post by burdet0226 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:04 am

I am currently using ATT U-verse for TV. Also have their internet and phone set up. I want to drop the U-verse but keep internet and phone from ATT. Can I connect HD Homerun to my existing Modem/Router (Pace 5268 AC) with Cisco VEN 501-AT WAP?

NoReDist
Device ID: FFFFFFFF

Re: Compatibility

Post by NoReDist » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:45 am

No, the HDHomerun isn't a wireless device (you'd need a Ethernet switch in-between) and for TV signal you need RF over coax cable, either from an antenna or certain subscription services.
The content that U-verse distributes is not RF TV signal.

If you were implying that you are going to connect it to an antenna, you didn't mention and I didn't want to assume....

burdet0226

Post by burdet0226 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:50 am

Sorry for the confusion. I am attaching OTA antenna. My question is, will the HD Homerun plug into the ethernet on my existing modem/router and use that device along with the WAP box to communicate wirelessly to TV (with Fire Stick or Roku) throughout the house?

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS » Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:43 pm

If I googled the right product, it sounds like that modem/router combo only goes up to 802.11n for the wifi, so it might not have enough bandwidth for HD channels. You might see if they'll change out the box, or add our own access point/router to use with the existing box (just connect everything through that router so that they're on the same sub-net, or use bridge-mode).