Need help getting an HDHomeRun .APKG package to successfully install on a Western Digital PR4100 NAS

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
DonM

Need help getting an HDHomeRun .APKG package to successfully install on a Western Digital PR4100 NAS

Post by DonM » Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:38 pm

The file "hdhomerun_record_wdc_MyCloudPR4100_20190621.apkg" is located in HDHomeRun's support download section. I am able to successfully download the file.

When I attempt to install it on the two separate Western Digital PR4100(s) taking the approach to manually install, the installation almost immediately receive the message "Failed to install app".

I tried re-downloading the file and even tried to install it on an 2nd PR4100 but still received the same failed results.

Can someone help me with getting this file successfully installed on the two WD PR4100 devices? This is holding me up from obtaining A DVR license and being able to use the WD NAS as the storage device for all DVR recordings by the Quad Connect tuner.

Thanks in advance for your time,

DonM

jasonl
Silicondust

Re: Need help getting an HDHomeRun .APKG package to successfully install on a Western Digital PR4100 NAS

Post by jasonl » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:54 pm

Please reboot the NAS and then try the install again. I've seen a couple instances recently where the web install failed at first, but started working after a reboot. Not entirely sure why, as the packages are the same as they've always been.