New Servio install with Windows 10 NUC

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
mgpook100

New Servio install with Windows 10 NUC

Post by mgpook100 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:06 pm

I just bought a Servio and want to start shutting down my NUC at night which is currently serving as my DVR. How can I install my new Servio and still have all my existing recorded material available when my NUC is on, in addition to what is on the Servio. Will it be possible to move recordings from Servio to my NUC for more permanent storage?

rrussis82

Re: New Servio install with Windows 10 NUC

Post by rrussis82 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:36 pm

mgpook100 wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:06 pm
I just bought a Servio and want to start shutting down my NUC at night which is currently serving as my DVR. How can I install my new Servio and still have all my existing recorded material available when my NUC is on, in addition to what is on the Servio. Will it be possible to move recordings from Servio to my NUC for more permanent storage?
Keeping both the nucs recording engine and the servio firmware and software up to date will allow you to see all your existing recordings in the APP when the NUC is on.

For the second question in transferring, its possible with code but not easy for the average person. SD is looking into making it easier for everyone if they can.

mgpook100

Post by mgpook100 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:53 am

Thanks for the info. I installed my Servio this morning and did the firmware update. However, anything I recorded last night before my Servio install is listed twice on the Recorded screen, same episode, channel etc. Is there a setting somewhere I need to change on the NUC? I really only want to use my Servio to record, since I want to power down the NUC in the evening and wouldn't want to take the chance of powering it down while recording.

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F

Post by signcarver » Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:47 am

Showing up twice is the new norm (if you encounter it, it has to be fixed with a UI update) double check that it actually recorded twice as most likely its the UI error.

Make sure nuc is on latest version of dvr and specify the maximum number of streams it can record to 0 (read the multiple record engine thread for the registry setting)

jasonl
Silicondust

Post by jasonl » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:48 pm

The update for the UI has been pushed so once you get the update you should no longer see duplicates.