Can't Register New Device or Update Firmware

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
ben1

Can't Register New Device or Update Firmware

Post by ben1 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:34 pm

Hello,

I got a new Homerun Connect Duo tonight. Setup was a breeze, but ... the second I plugged it in, all the channels were already there. Following the setup guide, I went to my.hdhomerum.com and it was pre-set? This is what was there:

===========================
"HDHomeRun CONNECT Duo (serial number)
Version 20180817
46 Channels

Normally, I'd have a screen (and steps) to update, etc. Or am I missing something, this was TOO easy. Last question, is: How do I update firmware or at least check to see if firmware is up to date.

I'll be receiving a Servio on Friday, so I want to be sure everything is correct before I set up and configure that. Thank you all.

NedS
Silicondust

Re: Can't Register New Device or Update Firmware

Post by NedS » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:46 pm

ben1 wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:34 pm
Hello,

I got a new Homerun Connect Duo tonight. Setup was a breeze, but ... the second I plugged it in, all the channels were already there. Following the setup guide, I went to my.hdhomerum.com and it was pre-set? This is what was there:

"HDHomeRun CONNECT Duo (serial number)
Version 20180817
46 Channels

Normally, I'd have a screen (and steps) to update, etc. Or am I missing something, this was TOO easy. Last question, is: How do I update firmware or at least check to see if firmware is up to date.

I'll be receiving a Servio on Friday, so I want to be sure everything is correct before I set up and configure that. Thank you all.
There should be a red X next to the version number, as there is a firmware update available for your unit. Clicking on the version number link will bring you to a web page that will let you update the firmware from there. If for some reason this has any issues, you can also update using either the Mac OS installer or the Windows Setup application:

Windows: https://download.silicondust.com/hdhome ... indows.exe

Mac: https://download.silicondust.com/hdhome ... un_mac.dmg

ben1

Re: Can't Register New Device or Update Firmware

Post by ben1 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:58 pm

Thank you!

I back-doored it by connecting it to the Channels app and updating the firmware from there. And you're right, I went back to the page and found the Red X was no longer there ... replaced by a green check mark. Next time around, I'll know, thank you very much.