Volume and full screen not working

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
Beerman

Volume and full screen not working

Post by Beerman » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:44 pm

On Windows 10 (2 systems), the volume icons and full screen to small screen icons do not work for me. Up until the latest updates, they were working fine.

TomTheCat

Re: Volume and full screen not working

Post by TomTheCat » Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:05 pm

I have the same problem after reinstalling Windows 10 Pro and then installing HDHomerun app through Microsoft Store.

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS » Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:59 pm

Should now be fixed if you have "access to early features" enabled, and it will roll out by default soon.

hdyearcy

Post by hdyearcy » Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:11 am

I have 20190715beta1 firmware installed and using hdhomerun 20190802b software on Windows 10 machine. It appears everything is working but no sound at all. It doesn't matter if I maximize or not I still have no sound. The volume buttons work but nothing. My Roku boxes are the same. No sound on them either. Any ideas from anyone?? Also, the sound did not work on the latest regular firmware update either, that is why I updated to the beta version and still not fixed.

Thanks,

Chris

hdyearcy

Post by hdyearcy » Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:27 am

OK weirdest thing ever. The sound works on Plex Live TV and DVR through plex media server. Now I am lost. Not sure what to think now.

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS » Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:19 am

Try going into the app settings (the gear icon on the recorded/discover/tasks window) and turn off the "AC3 passthrough" option, and see if that makes any difference.

For your Roku's do the reverse and make sure AC3 passthrough is turned on in the Roku settings.

hdyearcy

Post by hdyearcy » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:28 am

Thank you. That worked for my computer. I don't have that option though on my Roku and it still has no sound. If I use Plex on Roku and use the Live TV they have then it works just fine. Interesting.....

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS » Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:56 am

hdyearcy wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:28 am
Thank you. That worked for my computer. I don't have that option though on my Roku and it still has no sound. If I use Plex on Roku and use the Live TV they have then it works just fine. Interesting.....
Plex is able to reformat video and audio specifically for the Roku, but HDHomeRun tuners can only relay the broadcast video as-is when connecting directly. It costs more money for Roku to license AC3 (or something to that extent, IIRC), but they can "pass through" the signal to the TV or sound bar, where the TV manufacturer has most likely already paid for an AC3/Dolby license. It normally works, and Roku is able to save some money, but occasionally it requires some extra steps.

Can you tell me what model of Roku you have? I will investigate the specific steps needed, as I need to document that anyways for our website.

hdyearcy

Post by hdyearcy » Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:42 am

I have a Roku 4660X2. Thanks for checking on this.

Chris