Servio and Quattro not recording

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
brlowe

Servio and Quattro not recording

Post by brlowe » Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:10 pm

I have a servio and Quattro on my network. I’m using HDHOMERUN software. I can watch live tv and it works great. I can hit the record button while watching something and it will record. The problem is if I schedule to record a tv series it schedules the shows each day but never records them. I’m using General hospital as a test as they have a new show everyday. Like I said it shows them all scheduled but never records them.

What am I missing?

Brandon

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F

Re: Servio and Quattro not recording

Post by signcarver » Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:28 pm

Anything strange about your network? The tuners need to contact SD about every 8 hours to maintain DeviceAuth (also make sure they are all registered to your account). The recording engine (in this case Servio) needs to detect the tuners and contacts SD every couple of hours to find out what it is recording in the next 4 hours.

Any chance you have another recording engine on the network that is recording them instead?

brlowe

Post by brlowe » Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:52 pm

Nothing strange about my network. Cable modem, Asus router, and an 8 port switch.
How do I make sure the servio can see the tuner?
How do I make sure my servio is able to contact SD?

As for other recorders on my network, I use plex but do not have the premium service or dvr service. I also use PlayOn to record from streaming services. I do not have any recording services using SD tuners.

jasonl
Silicondust

Post by jasonl » Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:19 pm

Please enable the sending of diagnostic data on both your SERVIO and your QUATRO (see https://info.hdhomerun.com/info/trouble ... iagnostics) then reply back with the device IDs so we can check the logs and see what is happening.

brlowe

Post by brlowe » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:14 pm

I was setting up the things you asked and rebooted everything and now it may be working. I will let it run a few days and see what happens.

jre1950
Device ID: 107026C3 and 153030F0

Post by jre1950 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:51 pm

Just an FYI. I found this thread while searching for a solution to the exact same issue. None of my scheduled recording were showing as available until I restarted the Servio. Once I did that all of my recordings from previous weeks appeared in the list.