Servio setup help cannot see it

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
brlowe

Servio setup help cannot see it

Post by brlowe » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:46 pm

I just got me servio today. Hooked it to my router and plugged it in.
Launched my.hdhomerun.com and all I see is my quatro tuner. I also tried downloading the HDHomerun windows app and that does not see it either. How do I get it going and get my years of DVR service setup?

Let me know if you need more info.

Brandon

****** UPDATE *****
I figured it out. One of my network switches failed and that was the one I had hooked it up to. The other devices on that switch are not used by me much so that is why I did not know it had failed. Ones I fixed that I was able to see the servio and use it with no issues. So this problem had nothing to do with the servio and all a network problem.
Last edited by brlowe on Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

brlowe

Re: Servio setup help cannot see it

Post by brlowe » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:20 pm

Just as an update I have downloaded and run the setup program and it is only detecting my tuner. It does not find the servio at all.

jasonl
Silicondust

Post by jasonl » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:59 pm

What does the LED on the back of the SERVIO show?

What is its device ID?

brlowe

Post by brlowe » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:10 am

I figured it out. One of my network switches failed and that was the one I had hooked it up to. The other devices on that switch are not used by me much so that is why I did not know it had failed. Ones I fixed that I was able to see the servio and use it with no issues. So this problem had nothing to do with the servio and all a network problem.

jlee81

Post by jlee81 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:32 am

I just received my Servio but I don't have any tuners yet because I'm waiting on the Prime 6 to come out. I wanted to make sure the Servio was working so I plugged it in and went to the my.hdhomerun.com page but it doesn't detect it. Is this because I don't have a tuner? I hoped that it would at least see the Servio as being connected so I know I didn't end up with a dud.

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS » Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:12 pm

jlee81 wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:32 am
I just received my Servio but I don't have any tuners yet because I'm waiting on the Prime 6 to come out. I wanted to make sure the Servio was working so I plugged it in and went to the my.hdhomerun.com page but it doesn't detect it. Is this because I don't have a tuner? I hoped that it would at least see the Servio as being connected so I know I didn't end up with a dud.
It just needs a minor update that lets the system see it as a "device": https://info.hdhomerun.com/info/servio:firmware_update

jlee81

Post by jlee81 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:37 pm

NedS wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:12 pm
jlee81 wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:32 am
It just needs a minor update that lets the system see it as a "device": https://info.hdhomerun.com/info/servio:firmware_update
Thank you, that worked perfectly.