Move Recordings to Servio

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
GwoodCordCutter

Move Recordings to Servio

Post by GwoodCordCutter » Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:46 pm

I got my new Servio today and hooked it up to my network. I had been using an old windows PC for my DVR recordings and I really want to get away from using it.

1. Is there a way I can move my recordings from my PC to the Servio?
2. What determines where new recordings will go? I want them to all go to the Servio and not the PC.

Also, how do I redeem the 1 year of DVR service? I had assumed it would just add on to the my existing subscription for a year, but I don't see that it has.

Thanks!

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F

Re: Move Recordings to Servio

Post by signcarver » Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:53 pm

No way to move to the device currently... you can get things off by downloading.

Make sure any other engine is on the latest version, limit the number of concurrent recordings set RecordStreamsMax in the conf file (registry on Windows) to 0... it would be easier to disable the engine on the windows machine but it (or something else) would be needed to serve the previously recorded material.

My understanding it should be nearly automatic, you may need to update firmware.

GwoodCordCutter

Post by GwoodCordCutter » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:13 pm

Thanks for the assistance signcarver. Unfortunately I looked throughout the registry and did not find anything to limit the number of streams that would be recorded on the PC. All my devices have the latest firmware on them. do you happen to know the location of the registry key by chance?

Thanks!

jasonl
Silicondust

Post by jasonl » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:33 pm

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Silicondust\HDHomeRun\DVR, create a new DWORD value called RecordStreamsMax (no spaces, exact capitalization matters). It should default to 0. Then go into HDHomeRun Setup, uncheck the box to use the PC for recording, click Apply, re-check it, and click OK.

GwoodCordCutter

Post by GwoodCordCutter » Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:42 pm

Thank you jasonl! I think that will do it! I will see if everything works as expected as my wife's shows record tonight and repost here if it does not.

Do you (or anyone else) know how I can check if my DVR service has been extended by one year? From what I can tell my subscription still expires in September of this year.

Thanks!

jasonl
Silicondust

Post by jasonl » Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:48 pm

It will be extended. There's still some work being done behind the scenes to pass the correct information back to the shop to show the correct renewal date.

GwoodCordCutter

Post by GwoodCordCutter » Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:33 pm

The day has arrived when my DVR service was supposed to be extended from my Servio purchase and suprise I was billed for another year of DVR service. Will there be a refund coming?

jasonl
Silicondust

Post by jasonl » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:40 pm

If you have not already done so, open a ticket with a note about the situation and ask for a refund on the renewal and it will be provided.