HD Channels Not Classifying

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
jonallport

HD Channels Not Classifying

Post by jonallport » Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:07 pm

Hello

Newbie here to HDHomeRun and the forum so forgive me if I've missed something completely obvious!

I'm UK based and just finished the setup of my new HDHomeRun Quattro. I've scanned 151 channels, which is kind of what I expected, but it has classified some of the HD channels as SD channels. For those that it does recognise as HD they have tags stating AVC and HD, but for those that are HD but it doesn't recognise it they have no tags at all.

Is there a way to manually classify the channels or to ensure the channel is picked us as HD?

Thanks!

rpcameron

Re: HD Channels Not Classifying

Post by rpcameron » Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:44 pm

No, sorry. The information that shows is just what the tuner believes about the channel from a tuning into the channel for a brief moment. Sometimes it's incorrect, but SD does not provide any means to change what is shown in a device's lineup (other than performing a full channel scan manually, again).

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk » Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:02 pm

Hi,

If you can capture a 30s sample of the channel, upload it to Dropbox or Google Drive, and PM me the share link I can run the sample through our QA system.

Instructions for making a 30s capture:
https://info.hdhomerun.com/info/trouble ... g_a_sample

Nick

jasonl
Silicondust

Post by jasonl » Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:34 pm

It's important to note that several of the channels on Freeview are timeshared, including the HD versions of BBC Four, QVC, QVC Beauty, BBC Scotland (in Scotland), CBBC, and CBeebies. During the off times, no video data at all is transmitted for those channels, so the scan won't be able to identify the codec or resolution.