Buffering

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
crawdot

Buffering

Post by crawdot » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:45 pm

My internet speed :oops: is currently less than 2 GB. Is there a Homerundvr that will buffer the signal so that I can download streaming signal and watch after the complete program has loaded to the dvr?

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F

Re: Buffering

Post by signcarver » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:16 pm

Generally there is no "internet" involved with such so state what you are trying to accomplish.

If you are trying to do what I think you are, there s nothing preventing one from "downloading" a saved file from the dvr.

rrussis82

Re: Buffering

Post by rrussis82 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:18 pm

crawdot wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:45 pm
My internet speed :oops: is currently less than 2 GB. Is there a Homerundvr that will buffer the signal so that I can download streaming signal and watch after the complete program has loaded to the dvr?
There are 2 factors in a network (well more complicated than that but for this explanation I'll stick with these 2), your Internet which is the download and upload speed from and to anything outside your home. Then there is intranet also known as your LAN which all communications are from within your home, for example moving files from one computer to another in your home. In this system, the only internet needed is for the device to phone home to SD to verify the DVR if you have one, and for guide data. The TV signal comes from either your antenna or cable and not through internet. Therefore the internet speed in this case has no bearing between your HDHomerun and your client devices you use to view it on. That all depends on the cabling, switches, and wifi type and signal if that applies. Most modern switches and cabling can handle that. Wifi should be AC Wireless and you might get away with N wireless if your signal is strong and not over saturated.