Cablecard scan doesn't find 2 channels on FIOS

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
grumpygramp

Cablecard scan doesn't find 2 channels on FIOS

Post by grumpygramp » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:38 pm

I ran a channel scan for my Prime and it didn't find 2 channels; indie plex, ch 848 and retro plex, ch 849; it did find the 4K channel, ch 1498.

Is there anything I can do myself to fix this or do I need to contact Verizon? Hope I don't have to contact them since I've heard not many reps know anything about cablecards.

I have FIOS TV in West Seneca, NY.

PRIME: 132563E0

gtb
Expert

Re: Cablecard scan doesn't find 2 channels on FIOS

Post by gtb » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:13 am

Trying adding a "?show=all" to the URL on the tuner channel lineup page. That will show all the channels that the CableCARD knows about. If those channels have a line through them that means your CableCARD believes that you are not subscribed to those channels. Presuming that your current package actually includes them, you will need to call FiOS CableCARD support and tell them something like "you are not receiving all your subscribed channels". Words to that effect often triggers the CSR performing a process which may fix the issue.

Billi23
Device ID: 1323AADB

Post by Billi23 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:05 pm

gtb wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:13 am
Trying adding a "?show=all" to the URL on the tuner channel lineup page. That will show all the channels that the CableCARD knows about.
True
gtb wrote:
If those channels have a line through them that means your CableCARD believes that you are not subscribed to those channels.
Not necessarily true and may be misleading. It means the PRIME can't tune that channel for some reason.
gtb wrote:
Presuming that your current package actually includes them, you will need to call FiOS CableCARD support and tell them something like "you are not receiving all your subscribed channels". Words to that effect often triggers the CSR performing a process which may fix the issue.
Only if it's not the PRIME's fault (and it is the PRIME's fault in my case)
May not be Verizons fault, may be the PRIME.

gtb
Expert

Post by gtb » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:38 pm

Billi23 wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:05 pm
Not necessarily true and may be misleading. It means the PRIME can't tune that channel for some reason.
Fair enough, but for FiOS, which does not use SDV, and (presuming that the ONT is not broken), tends to have very good signal power/quality such that it is more likely to be a provisioning issue than the signal is crap which typically are more common with other providers due to RF ingress or filters which results in consistent tuning failures.

If one turns on diagnostics and provides the need info, SD can look to see the additional CableCARD details.

jasonl
Silicondust

Post by jasonl » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:01 pm

Yes, please turn on the sending of diagnostic information on the System Status page on the HDHomeRun's web page and run a channel scan, then reply back.

grumpygramp

Post by grumpygramp » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:02 pm

gtb wrote:
Trying adding a "?show=all" to the URL on the tuner channel lineup page. That will show all the channels that the CableCARD knows about. If those channels have a line through them that means your CableCARD believes that you are not subscribed to those channels. Presuming that your current package actually includes them, you will need to call FiOS CableCARD support and tell them something like "you are not receiving all your subscribed channels". Words to that effect often triggers the CSR performing a process which may fix the issue.
Well I used the "?show=all" trick and it shows both the SD (348 & 349) and HD (848 & 849) channels crossed off.

I have the Fios TV Ultimate HD package. I logged into my Verizon account using Chrome and the channel lineup never loaded; I had to use Firefox to get the channel lineup to load. My Verizon account online shows conflicting information. When I load my channel lineup it shows that I only get the SD channels. When I look at Verizon's TV Listing Guide it shows both the SD and the HD channels for IndiePlex and RetroPlex.

grumpygramp

Post by grumpygramp » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:06 pm

jasonl wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:01 pm
Yes, please turn on the sending of diagnostic information on the System Status page on the HDHomeRun's web page and run a channel scan, then reply back.
I just turned on sending of diagnostic information and I'll start a channel scan now on the PRIME 132563E0.

grumpygramp

Post by grumpygramp » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:15 pm

grumpygramp wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:06 pm
jasonl wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:01 pm
I just turned on sending of diagnostic information and I'll start a channel scan now on the PRIME 132563E0.
The scan just finished and the channels aren't there.

jasonl
Silicondust

Post by jasonl » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:03 pm

The CableCARD is reporting you're not subscribed. Contact the provider and tell them that most of your channels are working, but you're getting a message that you're not subscribed when you try to access the Starz channels.

grumpygramp

Post by grumpygramp » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:15 pm

jasonl wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:03 pm
The CableCARD is reporting you're not subscribed. Contact the provider and tell them that most of your channels are working, but you're getting a message that you're not subscribed when you try to access the Starz channels.
Thanks for looking at it; I'll have to give them a call.