Scanning charter spectrum clear QAM channels with connect Quatro all unknown

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
ctem81

Scanning charter spectrum clear QAM channels with connect Quatro all unknown

Post by ctem81 » Sun May 19, 2019 2:49 pm

Hooked up cable from charter spectrum to my connect quatro to scan for clear qam channels. It found 55 channels, can view fine. Issue is the channels all show as unknown and start with channel 5000. Is there any way to get them setup to show channel data information?

Issue is the hd Homerun DVR won’t work with the channels showing as unknown. When I go to discover to setup recordings it shows nothing.

Is there a way to fix this?

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F

Re: Scanning charter spectrum clear QAM channels with connect Quatro all unknown

Post by signcarver » Sun May 19, 2019 5:08 pm

The only way to fix it is to convince charter/spectrum to provide the appropriate (psip) data in the stream. Considering they don't have clear qam in most areas and are moving towards eliminating it in most others, I doubt you would have luck convincing them. What you would need is a prime with cablecard then the card provides the channel list. Part of the issue is that such streams since they have no identifiable information are considered "random" and if you have more than one tuner, it is possible channel 5000 on one is different than channel 5000 on another as it missed a channel. Usually the locals will have proper data when they have any clear qam available.

My suggestion in this situation is to either get a prime and cablecard or use other software for DVR and live TV that you define which channels are what (but many who have clear qam find out things change to often to maintain)