Need help - Unable to play channel - Communication error

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
Versatile

Need help - Unable to play channel - Communication error

Post by Versatile » Fri May 10, 2019 5:54 pm

I have the HDHomeRun CONNECT DUO and I am running the latest firmware 20190417.

I am having an issue where if I am watching Live TV on Windows 10 app (or nvidia shield, iphone, doesn't matter), the TV channel will play for a few minutes and then it errors out.

Right now I get "Unable to play channel - Communication error".

I am not sure why this is happening more often than not. When I first got this device, I was on an older firmware (20180817) and there was a time where I can watch TV hours at a time no issue, and then I was having disconnection issues.

I updated to latest firmware thinking it may fix something, but it didn't.

I am using Orbi mesh router, and I am using a switch between the router and the HDHomeRun CONNECT DUO.

My Device ID: 1065769E

Diagnostic logs are on.

I want to get this issue solved so I can watch live TV and record TV too using NextPVR (as an example).

jasonl
Silicondust

Re: Need help - Unable to play channel - Communication error

Post by jasonl » Sun May 12, 2019 1:54 pm

It looks like you have the DVR running on a Windows PC and it's having a lot of trouble finding the HDHomeRun. You're not subscribed to the DVR, so the best option would be to shut that off. Go into the DVR tab in HDHomeRun Setup and uncheck the box to use the PC for recording. Check to see if your issues still exist after that.

Versatile

Re: Need help - Unable to play channel - Communication error

Post by Versatile » Sun May 12, 2019 7:06 pm

Thanks for the help. I did what you said about the DVR since I don't have an account.

Just in case I reset my router to default settings and gave it a reboot. All is working now and no errors!