Jittery and pixelated video - Hellvis

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
Hellvis

Jittery and pixelated video - Hellvis

Post by Hellvis » Wed May 01, 2019 11:10 pm

Hello -

Having lots of OTA issues with my hd homerun extend. It used to work very well, but over the past two-three weeks video has become jittery and pixelated. I’m using it with Kodi on a Fire stick 4K.

Is there a way to trouble shoot if my issues are antenna or network based? Done many searches online but information is hard to come by. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

jseymour

Re: Jittery and pixelated video

Post by jseymour » Thu May 02, 2019 8:40 am

For starters: Is this happening on all channels, or just some?

Have you examined the properties of the signals involved, using HDHomeRun Config GUI, the tuner status web page, or one of the mobile device apps that are available?

If it's happening on all channels, and the stats look good for them (e.g.: Better than 70% or so signal strength, but less than 100%; 70% or better signal quality, and 100% symbol quality): Odds are it's a LAN problem.

So, next up would be: How is your HDHR Extend connected to your home network, what are you using for a WiFi access point, what is the physical relationship between the FTV and the WiFi AP, what other kinds of traffic do you have on your WiFi network, are you using 2.5GHz or 5GHz, and do you know how much competing WiFi traffic or other RF noise is present?