interlace-like artifacts on HDHomeRun View

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
Mark Ransom

interlace-like artifacts on HDHomeRun View

Postby Mark Ransom » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:32 pm

I just had to reinstall Windows 7 on my PC to resolve a problem that was preventing HDHomeRun View from working. It's working fine now, except that you can see a zigzag pattern on vertical edges with movement and it's very distracting. It doesn't occur on another PC. Any clues on how to fix it?

Mark Ransom

Re: interlace-like artifacts on HDHomeRun View

Postby Mark Ransom » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:50 pm

Interesting...

I wanted to test whether it was a video driver problem, so I went to Youtube and Amazon Prime to watch a couple of videos. No problem seen. But when I came back to HDHomeRun View, the problem I saw earlier was gone.

gtb
Expert

Postby gtb » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:55 pm

I wanted to test whether it was a video driver problem, so I went to Youtube and Amazon Prime to watch a couple of videos.
Those sources do not provide interlaced source content (progressive only) so you would not expect to see such artifacts. There are various driver settings that may impact de-interlacing, and some video cards are more capable than others, but playing a progressive video should not usually change those settings permanently (some drivers will optimize for a specific app/game while using that app). So, it is interesting.

jasonl
Silicondust

Postby jasonl » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:54 pm

Do you have the 32 bit version of VLC installed on the PC?

Return to “HDHomeRun Hardware Setup & Troubleshooting”