LG TV doesn't list DRM protected musing channels

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
JamesMi

LG TV doesn't list DRM protected musing channels

Postby JamesMi » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:05 am

I just found out my cable subscription includes several dozen music channels, most of which are DRM protected. When i scan my HomerunPrime, which appears as a DLNA device on my TV and go to the Channels menu, none of the DRM music channels appear, only the non-DRM encrypted ones do. I can access all the channels however, using the HomeRun app. What's going on?

jasonl
Silicondust

Re: LG TV doesn't list DRM protected musing channels

Postby jasonl » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:37 pm

The HDHomeRun app for Windows 10/Xbox One/Android/iOS supports accessing DRM protected content. Only a few DLNA devices do, primarily the PS3 and a handful of smart TVs (mostly certain models from Sony, Panasonic, and Samsung). DLNA is designed to have the server provide detailed information about each file it is serving so that clients can hide things they know they don't support, so the TV is seeing that the channels are protecting and recognizing that it doesn't support that and is hiding them accordingly.

nickk
Silicondust

Re: LG TV doesn't list DRM protected musing channels

Postby nickk » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:24 am

Hi,

Does the LG TV support the DRM video channels ok?

When you use the HDHomeRun app to play the audio channels, does it report audio-only or is there a still picture related to the channel?

Nick

Return to “HDHomeRun Hardware Setup & Troubleshooting”