Setting Up Two TVs On The Duo

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
Fortune

Setting Up Two TVs On The Duo

Postby Fortune » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:57 am

I have the TV in the living room in close proximity to the Duo and the router. Everything is working fine. But I don't understand how to set the TV up in the bedroom to work with the Duo without running cords throughout the house. Both are Fire TVs and both have their own indoor antenna.

Do both have to have their own antennas to work or can the one in the bedroom pick up from the one in the living room?

I'm not very technical so any explanation in plain and simple terms would be appreciated.

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F

Re: Setting Up Two TVs On The Duo

Postby signcarver » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:01 pm

The tuners work on your network so make sure both TV's have network/internet access (must be in same subnet... may be a little to much but if there are troubles detecting the tuner, that is what I would look at first as some "guest" networks or other configuration of the router may segregate the networks).

When you launch the app on the fireTV (or other device/client) it detects the tuner on your network and communicates with it to determine your channel lineup and lets you select a channel. The antenna will have to be connected to the tuner (not necessarily the tv). The app on the TV connects to the tuner either wired or by wifi. I strongly suggest the main client be a wired connection rather than wireless connection.

vttom

Re: Setting Up Two TVs On The Duo

Postby vttom » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:58 pm

Take a look at the diagram from the hdhomerun webpage. Hopefully should make clear how they intend it to be used.

https://www.silicondust.com/product/hdhomerun-duo/

(you'll need to scroll down to find the diagram)

Return to “HDHomeRun Hardware Setup & Troubleshooting”