Spectrum Cable Card Pairing Difficulties

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
historyvids
Device ID: 107407BA (Quatro) 132812AE (Prime)

Re: Spectrum Cable Card Pairing Difficulties

Postby historyvids » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:22 pm

Thanks Jason. Out of curiosity is there any way for the end user to see the information you see (i.e what channels require a TA, the frequency of channels, etc)? I know this use to be possible with Windows Media Center and the Guide Editor tool.

I tried tuning one of the channels myself in VLC and do see breakup on the feed. I'm going to try taking it to where the router is and connect it directly there to see what happens.

jasonl
Silicondust

Postby jasonl » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:00 pm

Not easily. You would have to try to tune a channel and then see what frequency it goes to via the web or hdhomerun_config_gui. If it goes to 999MHz, that means a TA is needed.

gtb
Expert

Postby gtb » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:54 pm

Not easily. You would have to try to tune a channel and then see what frequency it goes to via the web or hdhomerun_config_gui. If it goes to 999MHz, that means a TA is needed.
While not 100% (already available channels will show up as normal), can one not do a lineup.json?show=all&tuning and get the frequency which would show the frequency as 999Mhz? I admit I do not currently have access to a SDV's location to try.

historyvids
Device ID: 107407BA (Quatro) 132812AE (Prime)

Postby historyvids » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:15 am

While not 100% (already available channels will show up as normal), can one not do a lineup.json?show=all&tuning and get the frequency which would show the frequency as 999Mhz? I admit I do not currently have access to a SDV's location to try.
That did work, thanks gtb! I believe a bad cable run might be one of my issues too which is why I asked about the frequencies. I'm trying to figure out if the missing channels are all around a particular frequency range that could be too weak vs. the others. The signal at our location is always screaming hot, nearly +12 or above at my cable modem. But at the location in the house where the Prime is the signal is -4.6 dBmV. Oddly enough my (other DVR Device starting with a T and ending with an O) flip flops back and forth between 90/92% and is on the same cable run.

Return to “HDHomeRun Hardware Setup & Troubleshooting”