Oldie: HDHR-US Dual ATSC Tuner Power supply

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
Cuervo

Oldie: HDHR-US Dual ATSC Tuner Power supply

Postby Cuervo » Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:12 am

I recently cut the cord and dug out my old school original HDHR-US dual ATSC tuner (white box FTW!) to get some local channels that my streaming provider doesn't have. However, it seems that my tuner isn't turning on and I'm trying to figure out a good replacement power supply for it. Does anyone have a link to a tested power supply for this unit that I can get before the Superb Owl?

I checked the SiliconDust store and there was no item listed there for this grandfather model.

Thanks!

gtb
Expert

Re: Oldie: HDHR-US Dual ATSC Tuner Power supply

Postby gtb » Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:49 pm

Per the docs at viewtopic.php?f=15&t=19204 you need 5V at 2A (with a plug size that was common for all the earlier gen). While not explicitly stated, the HDHR3-CC power supply should meet those specs (more amp capacity is ok as long as the voltage is correct for these types of consumer bricks).

However, I am going to suggest that you may be better off considering a new HDHR device, which is overall a better device, and supports the new ecosystem. I even think there are refurbished units in the SD shop if your goal is to save some money.

nickk
Silicondust

Re: Oldie: HDHR-US Dual ATSC Tuner Power supply

Postby nickk » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:03 pm

Hi,

We have power adapters for every model... what is the device ID?

Nick

Return to “HDHomeRun Hardware Setup & Troubleshooting”