Adding an Extra HDHomerun Quattro

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
carlosantunez

Adding an Extra HDHomerun Quattro

Postby carlosantunez » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:15 pm

I have a question that I have not been able to find in the forum or in youtube.

I am planning to add another HDHomerun Quattro to my Network and I have the following questions:

1. Would I be able to increase the amount of tuners so that if 2 or 3 shows are recording, I would not get the message:

"No Available Tuners"

2. Would the channels be combined as one when the two HDHomerun Quattro are found in the network.

Thank you for the help in advance.

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F

Re: Adding an Extra HDHomerun Quattro

Postby signcarver » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:48 pm

Trying to figure out why only 2 or 3 shows recording brings up that message if you already have a quatro as adding "another" implies.

Either way it depends on software but in general SD's software uses any tuner / device (for full compatibility i suggest only modern tuners) with the same channel number as what is being requested.

If you have the DVR you should make sure to activate/register the subscription with both (all) devices. If you have PTV, also activate with all devices but note PTV is limited up to 4 simultaneous streams regardless if you have more(if you have less than 4, but obviously not with quatro as you asked, it would be limited to how many )

carlosantunez

Postby carlosantunez » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:46 am

Trying to figure out why only 2 or 3 shows recording brings up that message if you already have a quatro as adding "another" implies.

Either way it depends on software but in general SD's software uses any tuner / device (for full compatibility i suggest only modern tuners) with the same channel number as what is being requested.

If you have the DVR you should make sure to activate/register the subscription with both (all) devices. If you have PTV, also activate with all devices but note PTV is limited up to 4 simultaneous streams regardless if you have more(if you have less than 4, but obviously not with quatro as you asked, it would be limited to how many )
Hi and thank you so much for taking the time to write your answer. I do appreciate your help.
However, the answer went over my head like an F22 on the sky. I am not so tech oriented in this matter, and pardon me for been ignorant.
I would like a more simple answer, that I could put together.

Once again, Thank you for your help.

Best regards,

Carlos

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F

Postby signcarver » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:21 pm

You shouldn't need to worry about a thing as its pretty much plug and go (you will need to hook it up with coax, ethernet and power and run a scan). Just make sure if you subscribe to any of SD's services (dvr, ptv) to get all your tuners/devices activated with the same account as though new equipment works without you doing anything, it can be inconsistent. For example if you subscribe to SD's premium tv, without also activating the new tuner, the software may pick the tuner that is stillin demo mode

The reason i was being more thorough as your issue given the circumstances described did not sound like you were using SD's software and other software depends on what it is and how it is set up. You also didn't mention (definitively) what your existing tuner is (i'm assuming you currently only have one quatro and no legacy equipment (3rd gen other than prime or older) but my answer was to cover cases if that was not the case)

carlosantunez

Postby carlosantunez » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:53 pm

You shouldn't need to worry about a thing as its pretty much plug and go (you will need to hook it up with coax, ethernet and power and run a scan). Just make sure if you subscribe to any of SD's services (dvr, ptv) to get all your tuners/devices activated with the same account as though new equipment works without you doing anything, it can be inconsistent. For example if you subscribe to SD's premium tv, without also activating the new tuner, the software may pick the tuner that is stillin demo mode

The reason i was being more thorough as your issue given the circumstances described did not sound like you were using SD's software and other software depends on what it is and how it is set up. You also didn't mention (definitively) what your existing tuner is (i'm assuming you currently only have one quatro and no legacy equipment (3rd gen other than prime or older) but my answer was to cover cases if that was not the case)
Thanks for your reply.

I purchased the first one about the beginning or mid December and the second one on around the end of December so I assume that is the latest generation, but I only have one connected (The first one I bought).
I also purchased one Premium TV and one Year DVR subscription.

Ok, then I guess that by plugging the second one I am good to go.

I am not so sure if I will be getting the Premium TV Channels on both Tuners or not , been both in the same network, is that accurate?

Once again Thanks for the help.

Best regards,

Carlos

Return to “HDHomeRun Hardware Setup & Troubleshooting”