After a recent update, firmware shows as older revision

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
kkrofft

After a recent update, firmware shows as older revision

Postby kkrofft » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:26 am

Installed the HDHomerun for Windows package. It of course automatically updated the firmware on my HDHR-US (Dual ATSC Tuner).
I was then unable to scan for channels. Further investigation shows that the firmware is listed as 20170930 even though I have attempted to update to newer versions. Tried downgrading as well but while I can find and load earlier windows programs it doesn't apply older firmware.

Is there any way to trouble shoot this unit?

Thanks,

Kory

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F

Re: After a recent update, firmware shows as older revision

Postby signcarver » Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:25 pm

That is the latest firmware for that tuner ... personally if you only have an old dual i wouldn't bother trying to move it forward and go back to versions that used quicktv.

If you are on the firmware for the past 2 years of that model make sure to run the scan and that the tuner has access to the internet. Make sure when you run the scan that it is set correctly for atsc vs clear qam (antenna vs cable).

I would use config gui to manually go through the channels to see what signal levels are like. I'd also try a different power supply as that is usually the first thing to go (i generally estimate expected life of 3 years though it may last several more but sometimes even less)

What issue are you seeing when you run the scan?

kkrofft

Re: After a recent update, firmware shows as older revision

Postby kkrofft » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:01 pm

I didn't intend to update it but did not have the installer handy when setting up a new Windows box. Can you point me to a link for the version you recommend?
Power supply shows 5.1v no load.
Install wizard sees both tuners. Both set to Digital Antenna. Both show Status as OK. After a scan, there are no channels listed, using the config gui manually stepping through the channels all are low 20% to mid 30%.

I have swapped the cables for the one that goes to our HD TV and the TV tunes all channels without issue.

Thanks for your help.

Kory

Return to “HDHomeRun Hardware Setup & Troubleshooting”