Hide Channels on HDHomeRun DUAL 1017073C

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
tyburn

Hide Channels on HDHomeRun DUAL 1017073C

Postby tyburn » Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:07 pm

Is there a way to hide or block channels on an HDHomeRun DUAL 1017073C through the HDHomeRun Setup App on Windows?

There used to be checkboxes or something similar in Setup a while ago, but I can't see it now.

I know how to hide channels on a newer box, such as the CONNECT Quatro through the web interface, but the older DUAL doesn't have that.

I can block them in Plex or other apps, but I'd like to be able to do it through Setup, which would save the trouble of blocking in the other apps as well as HDHomeRun's own viewer app.

Thanks!
Last edited by tyburn on Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F

Re: Hide Channels on HDHomeRun DUAL 1017073C

Postby signcarver » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:46 pm

Not easily from SD's apps as the full scan/lineup gets hosted by SD's servers so the only way to remove is to block the frequency during the scan (which may remove some of what you wish to keep). Personally I wish SD would have "abandoned" the legacy tuners completely from the "modern" apps and stuck with quicktv for what they provide to use them. As is is now, a "hack" is used to allow the device to "report" a lineup but not maintain and that is only part of the modern method of tuning and can confuse things that were made that expected if that part of it worked, the rest would also be available.

Return to “HDHomeRun Hardware Setup & Troubleshooting”