Prime with only one channel

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
brentkhack

Prime with only one channel

Postby brentkhack » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:37 am

I am going back to my HDHR3. I was using this with a Comcast CC and it worked great about two years ago and then stopped using it. I am now going back to using this device with the same CC. I updated to the 20180817 firmware and when I scan the channels I get only one of 140+ I should get. I do get a success in card auth and validation.

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F

Re: Prime with only one channel

Postby signcarver » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:00 am

when did you get the cablecard? typically after not being connected for 30 days they have to reprovision the card. (this also includes cards that have been sitting in a drawer waiting to be handed out to a customer)

What type (brand) of cablecard? The above issue can easily be seen on cisco cards by the status on the CA screen stating not staged. With moto cards there is often an issue of getting the correct vct-id applied which can be seen on other cablecard screens

brentkhack

Re: Prime with only one channel

Postby brentkhack » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:06 am

when did you get the cablecard? typically after not being connected for 30 days they have to reprovision the card. (this also includes cards that have been sitting in a drawer waiting to be handed out to a customer)

What type (brand) of cablecard? The above issue can easily be seen on cisco cards by the status on the CA screen stating not staged. With moto cards there is often an issue of getting the correct vct-id applied which can be seen on other cablecard screens
The card is from Cisco and have had it well over two years. I will call Comcast to activate the card again. The CA screen has a status of "ready". Like you mentioned, it has been sitting around for awhile. Thanks and I will let you know what happens.

Return to “HDHomeRun Hardware Setup & Troubleshooting”