Connect vs Connect Duo(or Quatro)?

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
itproman

Connect vs Connect Duo(or Quatro)?

Postby itproman » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:19 pm

I am looking on the the website comparing the two and they look alike,except for the connect duo(quatro)being newer?

Any help on which one to buy would be appreciated. :?:

jasonl
Silicondust

Re: Connect vs Connect Duo(or Quatro)?

Postby jasonl » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:21 pm

The CONNECT is the previous generation model that has been discontinued. The CONNECT Duo is its direct replacement. It features newer tuners with improved reception and lower power usage. They otherwise have the same features and functions. The Quatro is like the Duo except it has 2 additional tuners.

mhaider

Postby mhaider » Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:15 am

The CONNECT is the previous generation model that has been discontinued. The CONNECT Duo is its direct replacement. It features newer tuners with improved reception and lower power usage. They otherwise have the same features and functions. The Quatro is like the Duo except it has 2 additional tuners.
I ordered a Connect before seeing this post, is the "improved reception" of the Duo worth returning the Connect and getting the Connect Duo? I just got the Connect but haven't installed it yet.

rpcameron

Postby rpcameron » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:08 pm

I ordered a Connect before seeing this post, is the "improved reception" of the Duo worth returning the Connect and getting the Connect Duo? I just got the Connect but haven't installed it yet.
It might depend upon your particular situation. Some users reported worse reception with the new Duo/Quatro tuners over the previous Connect tuners. YMMV.

mhaider

Postby mhaider » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:18 pm

It might depend upon your particular situation. Some users reported worse reception with the new Duo/Quatro tuners over the previous Connect tuners. YMMV.
I guess I just need to connect the Connect and see how the reception is.

Thanks for your response.

Return to “HDHomeRun Hardware Setup & Troubleshooting”