HomeRun Prime - Some channels not viewing properly on Windows 10 desktop

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
oldsports

HomeRun Prime - Some channels not viewing properly on Windows 10 desktop

Postby oldsports » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:32 pm

I recently purchased a HomeRun Prime and installed it with my cable card from my provider. Installation appeared to go fine and I downloaded and installed the HR app on my Windows 10 desktop, Windows 10 laptop and my iPhone 7. Everything works great on my laptop and iPhone - all channels are visible and look great. However, on my Windows 10 desktop, results are mixed. Some channels (i.e. ABC, ESPN) are very clear with no issues but other channels (i.e. USA, WGN, FOX) have large video delays/freezes (though audio works fine). I thought maybe I had a DRM issue, but some of the DRM channels work fine while others have the video delay/freeze issue. Also, my Nvidia video adapter software confirms that my adapter/monitor combination is HDCP compatible.

My desktop is older (Core 2 Quad 3.0GHz, 4GB RAM, GeForce 8400 GS 256MB DDR2 DVI video adapter connected to a Sceptre HDMI monitor through the DVI port) but I thought it would have enough power to run the HomeRun app. Any idea what the issue could be?

Thanks!

Return to “HDHomeRun Hardware Setup & Troubleshooting”