Sell on unused hardware - Extend/Prime

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
demonrik
Device ID: 10736454, 1073A35A, 1075C377

Sell on unused hardware - Extend/Prime

Postby demonrik » Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:50 pm

Rarely see anyone post old hardware up for sale here - so not sure the etiquette to do so.
Doesn't explicitly forbid in the forum rules - but as ever will abide by Silicondust's judgement

Anyway,
Am switching everything over to 3x Quadro's for OTA
So time to clear out all my retired tuners
Was considering to tradein but honestly prefer to sell direct to anyone on here rather than letting anyone pay inflated used prices through a store.

I have 3x Extends (newer fanless case) and 1x Prime[sold] with appropriate power supplies which are all working as of this morning
All are on latest firmware
Can throw in RG6 and/or ethernet cables if needed
$50 each incl shipping to anywhere in US

Am pretty sure I've deregistered from premiumTV/DVR (just reregister without devices connected - right?!)
Just PM me if interested.
Last edited by demonrik on Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

realcodeguy

Re: Sell on unused hardware - Extend/Prime

Postby realcodeguy » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:46 am

I'm going to tag onto this thread as my situation is exactly the same. I cut the cord and went 100% OTA with a Quattro. As a result I have 1 x Prime with power supply (no box) that I no longer need. Same deal as above, $50 including shipping anywhere in US only. PM me if interested. Can send out tomorrow if Paypal received today.

demonrik

Postby demonrik » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:37 am

Prime is shipping out tonite.
Still have 3 lovely black boxes of Extend goodness looking for new homes.

mhaider

Postby mhaider » Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:27 pm

I'm going to tag onto this thread as my situation is exactly the same. I cut the cord and went 100% OTA with a Quattro. As a result I have 1 x Prime with power supply (no box) that I no longer need. Same deal as above, $50 including shipping anywhere in US only. PM me if interested. Can send out tomorrow if Paypal received today.
I just registered with the forum so I can't PM yet, do you still have the Prime?

richt

Postby richt » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:01 pm

I have 2 primes no longer in use after cutting the cord. Same deal.

mhaider

Postby mhaider » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:53 pm

I have 2 primes no longer in use after cutting the cord. Same deal.
I'm interested in at least one of them, can you PM me, I don't have the privilege yet.

mhaider

Postby mhaider » Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:38 am

If I'm able to get a used Prime from a forum member, is there anything I should be aware before I get a cablecard from my service provider?
I currently have a cablecard in a Ceton tuner in a PC running WMC, it's been working just fine but is getting on in years. I recently bought an Nvidia Shield and would like to move my DVR to that, I also run Plex.

Any thoughts are welcome. If realcodeguy or richt still has a used Prime for sale I'm still interested. I'd PM but just joined the forum yesterday and this is just my 3rd post, I don't know how many I need to be granted PM privileges.

Thanks

demonrik

Postby demonrik » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:21 am

If I'm able to get a used Prime from a forum member, is there anything I should be aware before I get a cablecard from my service provider?
I currently have a cablecard in a Ceton tuner in a PC running WMC, it's been working just fine but is getting on in years. I recently bought an Nvidia Shield and would like to move my DVR to that, I also run Plex.
Been a while since I ran my Prime - but I think you should just be able to try moving your cablecard over to the Prime from your Ceton and verify it all works. Others can chime in if I'm wrong.

Just 1x Extend left of my stash.
Will have everything mailed out by end of this week to those who are giving these black boxes a new lease of life.

mhaider

Postby mhaider » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:38 am

Been a while since I ran my Prime - but I think you should just be able to try moving your cablecard over to the Prime from your Ceton and verify it all works. Others can chime in if I'm wrong.

Just 1x Extend left of my stash.
Will have everything mailed out by end of this week to those who are giving these black boxes a new lease of life.
Thanks for the info. My plan is to get a second cablecard and run the two systems in parallel until I'm satisfied the new system works the way I want it to.

If you happen to know realcodeguy or richt who posted in this thread that they have a Prime for sale would you be so kind as to send them a PM letting them know I'm interested in their tuner, if they still have it.

Thanks

gtb
Expert

Postby gtb » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:51 am

Been a while since I ran my Prime - but I think you should just be able to try moving your cablecard over to the Prime from your Ceton and verify it all works.
And get your provider to validate it with the new tuner (moving a CableCARD from one device to another establishes a new binding which requires a new activation/validation). Sometimes that can be done online, sometimes you have to call, and occasionally it seems to require an act of deity (all depending on your particular cable company and how they are currently set up to do the work).

mhaider

Postby mhaider » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:28 pm

Been a while since I ran my Prime - but I think you should just be able to try moving your cablecard over to the Prime from your Ceton and verify it all works.
And get your provider to validate it with the new tuner (moving a CableCARD from one device to another establishes a new binding which requires a new activation/validation). Sometimes that can be done online, sometimes you have to call, and occasionally it seems to require an act of deity (all depending on your particular cable company and how they are currently set up to do the work).
Will do.

Thanks for your input

GAHomeRunner

Postby GAHomeRunner » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:33 pm

I'm interested in your last Extend. It will be my first. I want to compare with my Quatros.

demonrik

Postby demonrik » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:43 pm

I'm interested in your last Extend. It will be my first. I want to compare with my Quatros.
I think it's 10 posts to be able to private message - so will PM you..

realcodeguy

Postby realcodeguy » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:43 pm

Sorry folks, the tuner was sold already. I apologize I didn't update this post sooner.

eodrunner

Postby eodrunner » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:14 pm

I am looking for a Prime if anyone has one for sale. PM me to discuss.

Return to “HDHomeRun Hardware Setup & Troubleshooting”