Migrating from primes to connect quatro

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
smithkt

Migrating from primes to connect quatro

Postby smithkt » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:26 pm

I am getting ready to ditch my two primes for a quatro. I have an active DVR sub as well. I know this question has been asked before, but I can't find it. Perhaps a new entry is in order for the FAQs.

When I add the Quatro, do I simply follow the activation instructions from the original email? Once I am certain the quatro is working properly and I pull the Primes offline, do I run the activation again to remove them?

Anything else I need to do to the Primes to get them prepared for resale?

signcarver
Expert

Re: Migrating from primes to connect quatro

Postby signcarver » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:03 am

You most likely will have to activate with your quatro. And you would probably want to go through the process again after removing your prime (especially if you are planning on giving/selling them to another household. The activation process detects any tuners you may have and those are the ones on your account... if it doesn't find one previously added, it removes such. That does not necessarily mean that you must activate all tuner devices (though is a good idea) as any tuner that the recording engine sees that has the channel is fair game for the engine to use but going from cable to ota most likely channel numbers have changed (ie 5 is now 5.1 but if you were using a prime for clear qam they may both be 5.1) so if you used a 3rd party tool to make channel only recordings you probably will need to update the channel number on them.

smithkt

Postby smithkt » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:18 am

Thanks. I was pretty sure I had it right. I hope I can find that activation email. :)

jasonl
Silicondust

Postby jasonl » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:43 am

If you can't, send an email to support @ silicondust . com and we can send you the registration link.

Return to “HDHomeRun Hardware Setup & Troubleshooting”