Occasional choppy laggy livetv

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
majoly

Occasional choppy laggy livetv

Postby majoly » Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:02 am

Ok so here is my issue.

I have a hdhomerun connect
Android phone with hdhomerun wireless 5ghz
Windows 7 pc with hdhomerun wireless 5ghz
Pi 3 with Kodi 17.6 with hdhomerun wired to my router
Ota antenna wired to hdhomerun (no splitter)

Due to physical limitation in my house, my hdhomerun is wired to a netgear wifi n300 paired with my router.

I would say that 98% of the time the live tv works flawlessly but sometimes i start getting pixelated and laggy reception on any devices beeing wired or not.

At first i though i was due to my antenna reception beeing weak but after i checked my signal with hdhomerun signal meter i confirmed that my signal is perfect.

My other theory was that my netgear signal is too weak causing my reception on my devices beeing choppy but when it happens lets say on my kodi, if i open the app on my phone at that same channel it works perfectly.

So for now i see beeing these possibilities.

Hdhomerun software bug
Tuner problem
Wrong setting although i think there arent really anything i can change in the hdhomerun settings.
My n300 not powerfull enough for 2 tuners

Thanks in advance.

gambit18657

Re: Occasional choppy laggy livetv

Postby gambit18657 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:48 am

I have my network fully wired with a Fire TV HDMI with the HomeRun app on the Fire TV and all gigabit connection, AND Fios of gigabit service and still get the lag / chop of certain OTA and premium channels. I just think that it is an issue of the infancy of this service. I may be wrong, but seeing as it keeps happening, I think just a buffering glitch. :?:

jasonl
Silicondust

Postby jasonl » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:30 pm

Due to physical limitation in my house, my hdhomerun is wired to a netgear wifi n300 paired with my router.
So you're running the signal from the HDHomeRun into the n300 then wirelessly to the main router, then out to the other devices? That would certainly create the possibility of problems during periods when the channel you're using is heavily congested, either by your own 2.4GHz devices or by those on other nearby networks. You can try using Wifi Analyzer to see if there are any less congested channels available, and switch your router to one of them.

PaulInCincy

Postby PaulInCincy » Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:06 pm

Happens with us also, and we're all wired. And our VUE app works fine. I agree this should probably be a free trial, since it's apparently being tweaked in real time haha. Can't wait to give up VUE, but not sure how long to stick with paying for two similar services.

Jakeloos89j

Postby Jakeloos89j » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:42 pm

Anyone figure out a solution for this problem? Having similar issues on all my fire sticks wired and wireless

Return to “HDHomeRun Hardware Setup & Troubleshooting”