How to save channels in "Favorites"

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
george2064

How to save channels in "Favorites"

Postby george2064 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:57 pm

I can't figure out how to make channels as favorites. I access HDhomerun through my TV and it appears as one of the inputs. I switch to that input and my channels (via over the air antenna) come clear, As I navigate through the subdirectories I see Favorites as one of the options but can't figure out how to save channels as favorites.

Thank you
George2064

signcarver
Expert

Re: How to save channels in "Favorites"

Postby signcarver » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:09 pm

from the devices channel lineup page click the star to mark it as a favorite, if you continue clicking, it will then disable the channel, and yet again to cycle back to being enabled but not as favorite.

Brewskii

Postby Brewskii » Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:35 am

Hi, just wanted to expand on this a little, the channel lineup can be found by browsing to myhdhomerun.com from within your network, though it may also be available through the setup program that you used on your pc (I can't remember off hand).
(edited to remove redundant info) :D

jamesey271975

Postby jamesey271975 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:43 am

I am able to mark favorites but cant figure out how to only show/filter favorite channels on the TV guide?

signcarver
Expert

Postby signcarver » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:51 am

very few things actually use favorites (it was placed there for dlna)

Bubbster

Postby Bubbster » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:51 am

Better question is why can't we hide all the channels we never use from the HDHR viewer interface? I use maybe 12 out of 40, and it's torture scrolling through the list of lousy channels.

I guess I'll make a thread out of this eventually...

ACraigo

Postby ACraigo » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:57 am

Better question is why can't we hide all the channels we never use from the HDHR viewer interface?
The same place you make a favorite (the HDHR Channel Lineup - Probably here: http://192.168.1.117/lineup.html ), Click once to make a favorite, click twice to "X" (remove) the channel from the lineup. You may need to wait a bit to see your changes, or if you restart your units and software you may see it right away.

I have a whole bunch of "X"s in my lineup - and still have a lot of crap (but not as much).

Bubbster

Postby Bubbster » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:54 am

Better question is why can't we hide all the channels we never use from the HDHR viewer interface?
The same place you make a favorite (the HDHR Channel Lineup - Probably here: http://192.168.1.117/lineup.html ), Click once to make a favorite, click twice to "X" (remove) the channel from the lineup. You may need to wait a bit to see your changes, or if you restart your units and software you may see it right away.

I have a whole bunch of "X"s in my lineup - and still have a lot of crap (but not as much).
Holy crap do I feel silly! Real life™ took over and I just saw your reply today. This is so simple and obvious, why is it kind of a secret?

Anyhow, you saved the day for me, many thanks!

ACraigo

Postby ACraigo » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:08 am

Holy crap do I feel silly! Real life™ took over and I just saw your reply today. This is so simple and obvious, why is it kind of a secret?

Anyhow, you saved the day for me, many thanks!
Well, you'll need to visit there often, for doing things like:
Making Favorites
Removing Junk Channels
Seeing how many tuners are engaged - UI impossible to use in this regard.
Seeing if your software is up to date.
Getting your Device ID - for reporting severe quality issues (the result of same still in question) and bugs.
etc...

I set a bookmark for it and put it in the bookmark bar for easy access.

george2064

Postby george2064 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:17 am

Sorry for the late reply ... but still I don't get it .... "from the devices channel lineup page click the star to mark it as a favorite" What channel lineup? There is no way to "star" or click a "star" anywhere, neither on TV menu nore on the App....

On the TV I check my inputs ... I find the HDHomerun and select it... I select videos then Channels or Favorites ... I select Channels ... and all the channels show up. At that point I can only select a channel no options to mark anythins as a favorite ...

ACraigo

Postby ACraigo » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:31 am

Sorry for the late reply ... but still I don't get it .... "from the devices channel lineup page click the star to mark it as a favorite" What channel lineup? There is no way to "star" or click a "star" anywhere, neither on TV menu nore on the App....

On the TV I check my inputs ... I find the HDHomerun and select it... I select videos then Channels or Favorites ... I select Channels ... and all the channels show up. At that point I can only select a channel no options to mark anythins as a favorite ...
Go Here:
http://my.hdhomerun.com/
click on the channels and you may end up here:
http://192.168.1.117/
click Channel Lineup:
http://192.168.1.117/lineup.html

(See Images Below)

One click on the 'Star' - turns Yellow (Favorite)
Click again on the 'Star' - turns Red X (Channel Off)

Power Cycle HDHR Device (Tuner). Yank Plug, wait for restart, view 'updated' channel list on the HDHR Device App.

'Favorites' only work in that if you have two channels showing the exact same program at the exact same time the unit (may) record from the channel marked as a 'Favorite'. To shorten the list of channels, 'X' them out on the main list.

Note: The UI is useless in this regard. Creating 'Favorites' or 'Removing Channels' (which is what you want) is done completely outside the UI from another access point entirely.

See Also:
viewtopic.php?f=113&t=70129

---------- Your First Target:
(Note: Here is where you'll get your Device ID and such for reporting issues and such and turning on Diagnostics and such)

-----------Your Second Target (curb-stomp those unwanted channels):

Final Note:
You absolutely want to set some browser bookmarks to the front end of these screens 'cause you WILL be visiting them often...

Return to “HDHomeRun Hardware Setup & Troubleshooting”