End of Stream / End of Audio Stream

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
pd_quick

End of Stream / End of Audio Stream

Postby pd_quick » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:58 pm

Can't take it anymore. Football game in the last 10 minutes was a constant freeze/black/end of stream message.

Just installed prime before the holidays. Between the choppy video and the freeze/black end of stream messages, I'm close to sending the box back to Amazon.

Only thing that has kept it in my possession is my Plex's DVR.

Can customer support tell me who I can call to fix these issues.

Thanks

pd_quick

Re: End of Stream / End of Audio Stream

Postby pd_quick » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:02 pm

PS. Also have tried turning on and off the Passthrough button in the hidden menu. No luck in fixing the issue.

jasonl
Silicondust

Postby jasonl » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:15 pm

Which app are you using to watch and on what device/operating system?

pd_quick

Postby pd_quick » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:18 pm

My Homerun Prime app is on my Sony Bravia 2015 XBR55X850D the code at bottom of the hidden menu (where you can turn off/on Passthrough audio) is Ves. 20180109

My router is a Synology RT1900ac. It is located about 6ft. from the router(Cant run a cable to tv to hardwire connection. Thats why I bought your box).

I also am running Plex Server version 1.10.1.4602 on a Macbook 4,1 running Yosemite.
Plex says its up to date with the latest software for that version MacOS

But these issues below are just trying to play channels directly in the Homerun App.

Problems:
Choppy video at times. Especially noticeable on sports, and lower third scrolls (breaking news, etc.)

Sometimes I will lose audio. If I toggle between SAP, 5.1, mono TV output I will finally get it back.

Biggest issue though is that the video will stutter, freeze, and then go to black with either an "end of stream", or "end of audio stream" message. Sometimes followed up with "lost connection" message.
If I catch it quick enough, and if I change to another channel---Many times I can then go back to my original channel and pick up the signal. Worst case(and most times)- The entire WiFi connection is lost. I have to go to the TV WiFi setting, reconnect with router, open Homerun App, re-establish App, then go to the channel I was watching. Sometimes it will take several attempts/minutes to connect to the router. It's like the Prime app has made the TV completely scramble its connection to the router, and it takes several tries to re-connect again.

Lately these errors and lost connections have been way more than random. Sometimes happening every few minutes.

You can point out that maybe it's a router wifi problem. It's not that.
I have tried a different router. Same results. I have run Apple WiFi Diagnostic test. No Problems.
I have checked my other devices, when the TV loses WiFi connection, and they are all still connected to the internet.
When I record with your Prime Box into my Plex Server, it records whole shows with no lost connection.
I can watch other things like Youtube, Plex Channels, ABC app, etc. on my Smart TV with no connection issues.

I have tried toggling on/off the Passthrough button. Doesn't make any difference.

I really would like to keep your box, it just needs to work. I have until the end of this month to return and try something else.

Thanks,
Paul

jasonl
Silicondust

Postby jasonl » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:48 pm

We would like to get some diagnostic data.

If you are using a Windows PC:
  1. If you have not already done so, please install the latest HDHomeRun Windows software from https://www.silicondust.com/support/downloads/
  2. Run HDHomeRun Setup, enable “Send diagnostic information...” on the Advanced tab and click Apply. If you do not have an Advanced tab, close HDHomeRun Setup and reopen it.
  3. Unplug the power from the HDHomeRun and plug it back in
  4. After the powerup sequence finishes, click “Scan” on the CableCARD tab
  5. Click OK
If you are using a Mac:
  1. If you have not already done so, please install the latest HDHomeRun Mac software from https://www.silicondust.com/support/downloads/
  2. Open Terminal and run:

Code: Select all

hdhomerun_config ffffffff set /sys/debug debug_enabled=10
  3. Unplug the power from the HDHomeRun and plug it back in
  4. After the powerup sequence finishes, run a channel scan on the HDHomeRun's web page
Then open the HDHomeRun app on the TV, press play/pause 13 times to bring up the menu, and turn on Send diagnostic information. Reproduce the issue. Reply back with the device ID for your HDHomeRun and the date/time/channel number it happened on and we will check the logs.

pd_quick

Postby pd_quick » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:12 am

So far, so good. Looks like that got rid of the problem. Is rescanning channels after a software revision, the best way to avoid future problems?

Thanks for the help Jason.

Paul

jasonl
Silicondust

Postby jasonl » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:42 pm

If the device gets a firmware update, a new scan should be run to make sure it has the most accurate list of available channels.

Return to “HDHomeRun Hardware Setup & Troubleshooting”