DVR Not working

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
elmortero

DVR Not working

Postby elmortero » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:20 pm

So I have been using my HD Homerun Prime along with the DVR service since the summer with no issues. Today I made some changes in my router that I think may have affected the DVR functionality. I setup a static IP for my main computer, which houses my DVR storage drive. I went to watch some DVR recordings and it says I have no DVR setup. I've tried plugging and unplugging the prime. I've also tried restarting the computer as well as the router. When I go in to the HD Homerun setup, it starts out with a window popping up that says, HD Homerun not detected, please check that is plugged in and retry. It also pops up a window saying "Found 0 HD Homerun Tuners.

I tried reentering my DVR subscription code and it says it is activated to my Prime, but in the setup software it still says HD Homerun DVR Account:None. I did turn on the diagnostics to send to Silicondust. All of my live tv functionality still works however. I can still change channels as well as watch on all of my installed HD Homerun apps on various devices.

Please help! I love your DVR service and need to get it back working for the new shows coming up. I saw in another post that you were able to reset someone's DVR subscription on your end to the device. What information do you need?

signcarver
Expert

Re: DVR Not working

Postby signcarver » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:23 am

What type of computer (OS)? How did you set up static ip (sounds like you didn't but instead did dhcp reservation)? You said live tv works, is this from same pc?

Your authorization is controlled by the tuner and for some reason it isn't discovering it. Most likely culprit is the machine is no longer on same network as the tuner (double check mask) but then live also wouldn't work from that machine when using SD's software as discovery is done the same way. Next I would look at firewall, and if windows, that the change didn't trigger setting the network "type" to public rather than private.

elmortero

Postby elmortero » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:06 am

Windows 10, I set up the static ip through the network adapter. Live TV works from the same PC as well. Network still shows as private. All of the HD Homerun services are allowed through the firewall.

jasonl
Silicondust

Postby jasonl » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:19 pm

You probably have the subnet mask set wrong. It needs to exactly match whatever the router is assigning via DHCP. If you're using a 10.*.*.* IP, Windows will default to a 255.0.0.0 subnet mask, while most routers will still default to 255.255.255.0, and that mismatch will prevent the PC from finding the HDHomeRun. Change Windows to 255.255.255.0, wait a few minutes for the DVR to find the HDHomeRun, and everything should be back to normal.

elmortero

Postby elmortero » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:40 pm

Thank You! That was the exact problem and DVR functionality has returned! I changed the subnet mask setting to 255.255.255.0 in the network adapter. It took about 5 minutes before it reset itself. Problem Solved!

Return to “HDHomeRun Hardware Setup & Troubleshooting”