CableCARD Activation Hotlines/Websites

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
gatorback

Re: CableCARD Activation Hotlines/Websites

Post by gatorback »

New York City
TWC cablecard support group: 1-866-532-2598

OEM GEAR
=========
CISCO STA 1520
Scientific Atlanta Powerkey PKM 800

chateau

Post by chateau »

Comcast Cable Card activation 877-405-2298
Comcast Tier Two Support 877-761-5015 has been disconnected

Correction: New number is 888-824-8988 press 2, and then press 1 for Video.

Based on recent person experience

1) Call 877-405-2298 and if everything is right, they can usually pair your Prime and Cable Card.
2) If they can't pair them because of errors, they may want you to get another Cable Card.
3) In my experience, if the second Cable Card will not pair, they will probably be unable to help.
3) Call 888-824-8988, press 2, press 1 for Video.
4) When someone answers, ask for a person knowledgeable on Cable Cards and HomeRun Prime.
5) Ask them to check your account for errors since the guys at 877-405-2298 are seeing errors that prevent pairing.
6) If they do see account errors, the errors will have to be fixed by them before pairing can be done. This may or may not be a quick process.
Updated Note: My experience with the techs at 888-834-8988, they are friendly and try to help you, and generally follow through and do call you back, may or may not answer if you call them back at their personal number, so be persistent, don't give up, don't assume someone is working on things, keep calling until you get someone that can and will fix your problem.
Last edited by chateau on Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.

iamlaughing

Post by iamlaughing »

Slight correct to chateau's post (great help, btw).

The number is 1-888-824-8988, press 2, press 1 for video

I called that number and got routed to 3 different people.
Apparently, CableCard is "legacy" equipment/service and not that many reps knows how to deal with it.

The rep wasn't as nice as some of the posters may have encountered and his first "hit" didn't work.

I keep asking him to verify my host-id and data id but he won't until I insisted and he did verify the IDs are correct and did another hit...

Unfortunately, the card is still not "validated" so no premium channels for me still...

chateau

Post by chateau »

The number is 1-888-824-8988, press 2, press 1 for video
Thanks. Updated my post with correct number.

leunam68

Post by leunam68 »

aedv wrote:I joined just to share my activation story so that it may help others. I have Comcast.

I initially called the number in the very first post. Began a conversation with some lady who barely spoke English and annoyed me. It took her thirty minutes and she came back saying there was an error and she could not pair my device with their service, and neither could any of her colleagues. She wanted to send a technician out to my place. I couldn't take her anymore and hung up on her.

I then called the second "tier 2 cablecard support" number contained in this thread. Unfortunately, that number does not seem to work anymore. It requires you to choose from four different options: telephone, internet, "video problems," and Xfinity Home. I had no idea what the hell to choose, so I chose Xfinity Home (not knowing what the even was). I then realized that I was speaking to their security service support. I told the guy I pushed the wrong button and I was trying to activate a cable card. He transferred me to another representative.

This final representative spoke English and was nice. I told him I wanted to activate my cable card. He asked me if I had already called the activation line. I told him I thought that's what I was calling now for. He said his department is for cable card issues after activation. I told him I already called activation and they were useless. He decided to help me. He succeeded. I'm up and running.

The moral of the story is, don't give up. It may take a few tries to get someone knowledgeable.

TheLastOfUs

Re: CableCARD Activation Hotlines/Websites - Frontier

Post by TheLastOfUs »

Frontier

Dial the main 800 number - press 2 for tech support. They can activate your CableCard

bejordan

Post by bejordan »

Once activated, do you have DRM channels (HBOHD, STARZHD, etc) work. Mine get audio, but no video. I am running Windows Media Center on an I3 computer. Also unavailable on the HDHomerun app on my tablet.

Mediaman
Expert
Device ID: 131045A9, 131F4A88, 1080278D

Post by Mediaman »

bejordan wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:15 pm Once activated, do you have DRM channels (HBOHD, STARZHD, etc) work. Mine get audio, but no video. I am running Windows Media Center on an I3 computer. Also unavailable on the HDHomerun app on my tablet.
Please take your question to the regular area of the forum and start a new thread a this is for people to report how they contacted their SP and got service. Please include your tuner type, OS on computer, programs your running to view or record and general location...

Halfband

Post by Halfband »

Comcast has a direct link to cable card activation:
https://activatecablecard.xfinity.com/c ... dactivate/

nemtna

Post by nemtna »

I had an easier time getting setup from Time Warner via their chat support. Once you log in to your account, there should be a chat link. Click on it and immediately tell them that you need support from the Cablecard Department because you have an HDHomeRun Prime. Some initial reps will try to help and others will pass you right along after verifying that you do indeed need help from the CC Dept and that they can't really help you.

MUCH easier than hanging on the phone. You can get other stuff done on your PC while you wait for their chat replies, back and forth, etc. I set up both my Cablecard and my Cisco tuning adapter that way (two separate chats and it was smooth.)

gee11

Post by gee11 »

[removed by moderator]

JimJ

Post by JimJ »

Current phone for activating cable card at Charter Telecommunications, now rebranded as "Spectrum," is (855) 757-7328 (per http://www.spectrum.net/support/tv/cabl ... stallation). Just say, "cable card activation" and they should be able to handle it without difficulty. However, you will need the host ID and Data ID numbers for the HDHomeRun PRIME, and I haven't yet figured out how to get those. I'll keep digging though ....

jerome

Re: ComCast CableCard Support 2017JUN21

Post by jerome »

dapriett wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:02 pm Comcast Tier 2 CableCard Support: 1-877-761-5015
The above number is no longer valid.

After getting service for an HD HomeRun Prime cablecard tuner today I was told (877)405-2298 is the cable card support number by the lady that helped me today.

I won't mind if the moderator moves this number to a more suitable location and removes this post in a maintenance effort.

Mediaman
Expert
Device ID: 131045A9, 131F4A88, 1080278D

Re: ComCast CableCard Support 2017JUN21

Post by Mediaman »

jerome wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:28 pm
dapriett wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:02 pm Comcast Tier 2 CableCard Support: 1-877-761-5015
The above number is no longer valid.

After getting service for an HD HomeRun Prime cablecard tuner today I was told (877)405-2298 is the cable card support number by the lady that helped me today.

I won't mind if the moderator moves this number to a more suitable location and removes this post in a maintenance effort.
See Chateau"s post Feb. 11th, 2016 for full explanation of numbers to comcast. Web chats can be done also.

BigB42078

Post by BigB42078 »

Current number for Charter/Spectrum is (833) 267-6094 ask for CableCard Activation in the automated message service. Follow directions on this page https://www.spectrum.net/support/tv/cab ... tallation/. Will need CableCard s/n, Host ID, Data ID, and possibly s/n for Tuner Resolver.

Had my card activated on the first try today. Agent seemed to be following a worksheet, but he got the job done. :D