CableCARD Activation Hotlines/Websites

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
thedoomster
Device ID: 131CC070

Re: CableCARD Activation Hotlines/Websites

Post by thedoomster »

Spectrum cablecard support direct number: 866-532-2598

CMPetro

Post by CMPetro »

For Wide Open West... aka WOW!
Ph# 800-848-2278 or 866-4WOWNOW. They take you to the same phone tree.

Things you'll need besides good luck in getting the right person who knows how to do this.
1) Host ID and CableCard Serial Number from CableCARD Menu -> CableCARD/Host ID Screen of your HDHomeRun Prime device web.
2) Make sure they register it in the billing system as well as the device section of your account.
3) Make sure they "Balance" your profile so you'll get all your channels.

rkkeller

Post by rkkeller »

Not sure how common this is, but I have Verizon FIOS and all I did was take my old cable card out of a TiVo Bolt and put it in and it worked.
I got over 300 channels and all of them work.

No calls to Verizon yet, fingers crossed. I do not have any premiums, sports packages or anything like that so might be why it just worked.

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

rkkeller wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:12 am Not sure how common this is, but I have Verizon FIOS and all I did was take my old cable card out of a TiVo Bolt and put it in and it worked.
I got over 300 channels and all of them work.

No calls to Verizon yet, fingers crossed. I do not have any premiums, sports packages or anything like that so might be why it just worked.
Protected channels probably won't work in that situation. Even taking the card out of the same unit and putting it back in will likely require re-pairing with the cable company.

rkkeller

Post by rkkeller »

I must have lucked out, still working and all I did was move it from the TiVo.

bigjimt

Post by bigjimt »

Verizon Fios asked for my Host ID and other numbers from my Cable Card. They directed me to channel 131, but that did not work since that is for a Verizon box and not a HomeRun Prime. I googled, and learned that i needed this "My HDHomeRun - SiliconDust" which launches a webpage that finds my HD Homerun and then i need to click on my Homerun, then click Cablecard, then click Pairing. And THAT wil give me my Host ID, Control number and so forth. Every other chat site went to the details - this is the basics!. Once i gave this info to the Verizon tech support, he activated the card, and then ESPN, USA and all the cable channels worked. He did warn me that Fox may not work, but i did get channel 505 (hi-def Fox network in NJ). Hope this helps some others. I am trying HD Homerun as a media server for trying ChannelsDVR as potential replacement for Tivo.

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 10A05954 10802091 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Post by signcarver »

what was being mentioned of fox not working wouldn't be your local fox but the national "fox" cable channels (prior to takeover and split) like fox news, fxx, fxm, natgeo, fs1 etc... as that requires proper pairing and those drm protected channels won't work with Channels with the prime (not sure on verizon fios TVE capabilities/logins that might get you access to those with the channelsDVR but such wouldn't be through the prime).