getting 1/3 of the channels after latest firmware upgrade - gltorres

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
gltorres

getting 1/3 of the channels after latest firmware upgrade - gltorres

Post by gltorres »

Hello,
On a ConnectDuo I was getting 50+ channels using an external ClearStream 2Max antenna and 60+ after switching to an external Clearstream 4Max. This was working well for several months. After upgrading to the 20210624 firmware I am only able to get 24-28 channels with either Antenna. The coax cable connecting directly to a TV gets 60+ channels. The the clearstream 2Max indoors gets 40+ channels in other tvs. This behavior rules out an antenna issue. Nothing changed other than the firmware in the device. I have submitted my logs.

Model: HDHR5-2US
Device ID: 106B4C65
Firmware: 20210624

I am hoping I can get some guidance since this is actually getting 1/3 the channels compared to connecting the same exact cable/antenna directly.

thank you in advance for the help.

G

nickk
Silicondust

Re: getting 1/3 of the channels after latest firmware upgrade - gltorres

Post by nickk »

Hi,

Can you please enable "send diagnostic information" on the HDHomeRun device webpage (System Menu), run a channel scan, then post back.

Nick

gltorres

Re: getting 1/3 of the channels after latest firmware upgrade - gltorres

Post by gltorres »

Hi,
thank you for the reply. I submitted another scan. The log submission was also on the day I posted so you should have those logs as well. One odd behavior the day I posted was that I would get the same number of channels with the 4Max and the 2Max antennas mounted externally but a few of the channels were different when each antenna was on. I found it odd that each would detect the same number but different channels. Today's scans were done with the 4Max installed. I can plug the coax directly to a TV and get over 60 channels today as I did before too.
I also want to mention that I opened a ticket with support and mentioned how the logs were submitted. They replied within a few hours and just asked for my address so the unit could be replaced. There was no mention as to whether they found anything wrong in the logs. I appreciate the great customer service and quick response but it would be interesting to figure out if this was a hardware or firmware issue.

thank you