no channels found

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
swatikiss

no channels found

Post by swatikiss »

Hi SD forum - my connect DUO worked perfectly for some time. Suddenly, I can not tune to any channels.

some days, I can find 38 channels, then next day I can find 0 channels. I am not sure what is creating this result.
Same issue with 2 different HDHR tuners.

any thoughts?

NOYB

Re: no channels found

Post by NOYB »

First thought that comes to mind is coax connections issue. Not tight or maybe poorly installed connector. Or maybe with the antenna itself.

stuartm

Post by stuartm »

Depending on the age of your DUO perhaps the power supply is going bad (often the cause of intermittent problems)
Try a different (compatible) power supply.

NOYB

Post by NOYB »

Also could be a power problem if running a pre-amp. Some go dark without power.

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

swatikiss wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:27 am Hi SD forum - my connect DUO worked perfectly for some time. Suddenly, I can not tune to any channels.

some days, I can find 38 channels, then next day I can find 0 channels. I am not sure what is creating this result.
Same issue with 2 different HDHR tuners.

any thoughts?
  1. Please go to the http://my.hdhomerun.com/ site
  2. Click your HDHomeRun's device ID
  3. If it tells you that a firmware update is available, please install it
  4. Click System Status
  5. Check the Send diagnostic information box
  6. Go back one page
  7. Click Channel Lineup
  8. Click on Detect Channels

Reply back to this post and provide us the device ID of your HDHomeRun and we will check the logs. You can find the device ID at the top of the my.hdhomerun.com web page as well as on a label on the bottom of the HDHomeRun itself.

BENCNET@GMAIL.COM

Post by BENCNET@GMAIL.COM »

Hi I have the same issue starting yesterday. The HDHomeRun software ran normally 2 times about the 50 times I've launched it since then (I've been using it for about 5 years without issue). The HDHomeRun app says I have no channels. I can still stream from VLC and PLEX, but the HDHomeRun app (which I prefer) doesn't detect any channels. When I go to my.hdhomerun.com it says I have 56 channels, and the setup software detects 56 channels, and so does PLEX. I tried on my android phone and same issue. I have tried reinstalling everything related to silicondust and HDHomeRun, including manually deleting all registry entries. Still no joy. Pls help
PS I bought a CONNECT QUATRO HDHR5-4DT(AU)-R and a PVR subscription, so really hoping it won't affect my new product also.

Alcuz

Post by Alcuz »

I’ve been having the same issue starting today. I set up my HD Homerun Flex 4K and received over 50 channels. Everything worked perfectly until today. I’ve rechecked all connections and selecting to send diagnostics.

Device ID: 10A01256
Firmware: 20210624

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

Alcuz wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:59 pm I’ve been having the same issue starting today. I set up my HD Homerun Flex 4K and received over 50 channels. Everything worked perfectly until today. I’ve rechecked all connections and selecting to send diagnostics.

Please open a support ticket and we will arrange for a replacement unit: https://www.silicondust.com/support/trouble-ticket/

Alcuz

Post by Alcuz »

NedS wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:22 pm [quote=Alcuz post_id=375177 time=<a href="tel:1627340392">1627340392</a> user_id=50536]
I’ve been having the same issue starting today. I set up my HD Homerun Flex 4K and received over 50 channels. Everything worked perfectly until today. I’ve rechecked all connections and selecting to send diagnostics.

Please open a support ticket and we will arrange for a replacement unit: https://www.silicondust.com/support/trouble-ticket/
[/quote]

Done. What was the issue? Thanks again.

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

Alcuz wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:31 pm Done. What was the issue? Thanks again.
Hard to say for sure from the diagnostics, but the signal levels don't look right. We'll send you a new unit and have our engineers investigate when the old unit is sent back.