New Silicondust LTE Filter

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
gggplaya

Re: New Silicondust LTE Filter

Post by gggplaya »

I didn't order the Silicon Dust filter, I ordered a different one last fall when football season started back up(the only thing I actually watch on antenna).

Last fall I noticed many of my channels were not working and my local station on DTV channel 36 (602-608mhz) was still strong but would stutter and get blocky every few seconds. It was driving me nuts. I rescanned and it brought back my channels. I then learned about the FCC auction of 600mhz to tmobile. So nearly all my local stations reshuffled, repacked and some stations are now on the same DTV channel but on a subchannel on the station. I have 2 channels(Fox and NBC) on DTV 36.

After doing more research I found that Tmobile had a tower a few degrees to the left of where I had to point my antenna. My tv tower is 35 miles away, but the Tmobile tower is 2 miles away and only a few degrees to the left. I bought a different brand of 600mhz LTE filter because there was only 1 brand to buy at the time. It completely solved my issue of stuttering on DTV 36.

I tried placing the filter directly on my HDhomerun Extend because that's super easy to do, but that didn't solve my issue. I had to go up in to my attic and install the filter a few inches from my antenna. I'm not using any kind of amplifier because all my signals have over 90% strength without an amp. But after that, there were zero issues with stutter or breakups on channel 36.

Just thought I'd share. If you're having issues with DTV channel's 35, 36, and 37. I'd buy this filter to try and solve it. The cell interference looks like a stutter or breakup every few seconds of watching.

NOYB

Post by NOYB »

We've seen spec sheet of the Channel Master LTE filter and 3rd parting test results. Where is the SD LTE filter spec sheet and test results?
An extra 99 cents for the SD logo. Oh and it looks like plus shipping too.

gggplaya

Post by gggplaya »

NOYB wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:09 pm We've seen spec sheet of the Channel Master LTE filter and 3rd parting test results. Where is the SD LTE filter spec sheet and test results?
An extra 99 cents for the SD logo. Oh and it looks like plus shipping too.
Looking at both on Amazon, it's $19.00 for the Channel Master and $19.99 for the Silicon Dust filter. However, the Silicon dust filter is Prime Shipping and the Channel Master is shipped normal shipping. I prefer to pay the extra 99 cents for 2 day prime shipping. https://www.amazon.com/SiliconDust-LPF- ... 08QDWP43V/

NOYB

Post by NOYB »

SD LTE Filter: $19.99
FREE delivery: Monday, Feb 22 on orders over $25.00
Item: $19.99
Shipping & handling: $5.99
Total before tax: $25.98

Why didn't I qualify for free shipping?
Your Silicondust Shop items:
Not Eligible: Your eligible Amazon.com items shipping to this address total less than $25. . . .

[removed by moderator]

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk »

I was not aware Amazon was charging the customer for shipping if the total order is under $25. They are charging us for shipping as well.

I will talk it through internally - we can probably offer an alternative shipping where we ship for free.

Nick

xmguy
Device ID: 10815046, 1037F17E

Post by xmguy »

I was looking for an area to talk about this. I am 68 miles from WTVF, Nashville's CBS station. They are on RF 36. Almost directly in LOS to my antenna is a Verizon/AT&T Tower. Less than half mile. My signal meter in the SD HR4k shows 65% signal, but 0% for quality, and symbol. Would this filter help me, I'm also having issues with RF 27. It's at 551Mhz. It's crazy because I'm aiming at a tower farm in Nashville. WTVF and a sister station WZTV BOTH broadcast with 1000kW. Only difference is one is RF 20, the other is RF 36. I'm just wanting some info before I buy. One final thing. RF 30 is an ATSC 3.0 signal. I CAN get it, but not fully. Not all the stations it offers.

Thanks

NOYB

Post by NOYB »

NOYB

Post by NOYB »

It's been more than a month. Is it just empty words?
nickk wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:14 pm I was not aware Amazon was charging the customer for shipping if the total order is under $25. They are charging us for shipping as well.

I will talk it through internally - we can probably offer an alternative shipping where we ship for free.

Nick

cncb

Post by cncb »

So, this only helps UHF channels? VHF channel 9 has breakups for me from about 2-5 PM and I was hoping something like this would fix it, but it sounds unlikely.

kyl416
Device ID: 1080DB11

Post by kyl416 »

cncb wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 12:15 pm So, this only helps UHF channels? VHF channel 9 has breakups for me from about 2-5 PM and I was hoping something like this would fix it, but it sounds unlikely.
VHF problems are more likely ambient noise related, so things like poorly shielded electronics (i.e. cheap LED bulbs or offbrand chargers), solar panel inverters, things with motors, etc. Late Spring/Summer heat also affects how VHF propagates and those hours tend to be the hottest hours of the day.

gggplaya

Post by gggplaya »

NOYB wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:45 pm It's been more than a month. Is it just empty words?
nickk wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:14 pm I was not aware Amazon was charging the customer for shipping if the total order is under $25. They are charging us for shipping as well.

Nick
Still shows up as prime shipping free for me. Are you not a prime member?

wilme2

Post by wilme2 »

Out of stock on Amazon?

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk »

Stock just arrived here... won't be long.

Nick

sdust

Post by sdust »

So in order to add it to the existing setup the following is needed:
  1. a piece of coax with 2 RF connectors on the From Antenna end
  2. gended bender on To TV/Amplifier end

Why aren't both ends female or am I missing something?

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk »

It is an inline filter - you attach it to the back of your HDHomeRun or the back of your RF amplifier. No cables required.