Upgraded Both My Quatros to 20210224 And Now They're Dead

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
TangoOversway

Upgraded Both My Quatros to 20210224 And Now They're Dead

Post by TangoOversway »

I have two HDHomeRun Quatros and a digital antenna that's been working fine for 2-3 years. I started getting notices on the screen on Channels DVR about weak signals. My guess, since this started well after the leaves came out and since I've had no issues in previous summers, is that, over time, the antenna has started leaning forward. Leaving out several other steps, I opened two tabs in Chrome and pointed them at my Quatros. Both apparently were not updated to 20210224. I told one to upgrade. It almost immediately said it was up to date. I reloaded it. It wasn't tuned to any channel. I figured it was working and went to my 2nd Quatro and did the same thing.

Now neither HDHomeRun will tune to anything. When I try the HDHomeRun program on my Mac, I get "Unable to play channel:Tune failed." On Apple TV, using Channels DVR, I get "Tune failed."

When I loaded the page for either Quatro into my browser, and see the channel listing and click on one of the channels (any channel), I get a failure error - so the channel links aren't working and are giving me nonexistent pages.

We don't have a cord out here to cut. I dropped satellite TV because using the Quatros and my antenna was working fine. We have very limited streaming abilities because we're not on cable internet.

Now, since I updated my HDHomeRun tuners, we no longer have TV. Neither tuner will tune.

How do I fix it?

nickk
Silicondust

Re: Upgraded Both My Quatros to 20210224 And Now They're Dead

Post by nickk »

Hi,

Please turn on "send diagnostic information" from the System menu of the device webpage on each, then reply back with the device IDs.

Nick

TangoOversway

Re: Upgraded Both My Quatros to 20210224 And Now They're Dead

Post by TangoOversway »

A friend I know through another forum suggested I rescan the channels. That did it.