DRM Channels just don't show up in my Lineup

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
Jedk

DRM Channels just don't show up in my Lineup

Post by Jedk »

(I posted this on DSLReports also)

I recently got an HDHR Prime and a Verizon FIOS Cable Card.
Installed the whole thing, and activated the card, but no DRM channels show up in my channel lineup.
No HBO, no Fox Network Channels, etc.

I spent an hour on the phone with Verizon FIOS and they couldn't get the DRM channels to work. (I don't think they even know what they are).
Verizon suggested a few things:
1) Go to Channel 400 (useless suggestion)
2) Send a tech to my house (most likely another useless suggestion)
3) Reactive the card (like 10 times). Rescan the channels.
4) Send me a new card.
Verizon has that new FaceTime like app they love to use. "Show me your TV". Not sure what they need to see.

So they sent me a new card and of course the exact same issues.
Called Verizon FIOS tech again and the tech guy pretty much made the exact same four suggestions.
Verizon wants to send me a third card. "Free of charge"

So what do I do now?
I want to call Verizon again, but this time give them real advice on their side on how to get this to work.

Does anyone know what the issue is at Verizon that I can help them along?
(Or if the issue is here, then advice for that would be greatly appreciated also.)

Thanks,
Jed K

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 10A05954 10802091 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Re: DRM Channels just don't show up in my Lineup

Post by signcarver »

You posted in the wrong section of that forum you must post in the Verizon Direct section so your post can only be read by you and verizon employees assigned to the forum as they need some personal information. As a result of posting where you did the first answer was completely wrong.

99.99% of the time (assuming not showing up in scan) is they sent a hit that reset the DataID thus the card is not Validated as they have the old DataID in their system and typically you have to tell them the new number for them to enter in their system without sending that hit that changes it again (in some cases this has involved manually doing so in another system)

Jedk

Post by Jedk »

Ok, thanks and sorry about posting in the wrong section.
I will repost.

Jed K

Jedk

Post by Jedk »

@signcarver

So I went into "Verizon Direct" on DSLReports and entered my question.
The interesting thing is the same question is asked over and over. That forum has a rule that you can't read other people's posts.
Too bad there isn't like a Wiki about this issue.

Thanks,
Jed K

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 10A05954 10802091 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Post by signcarver »

When I first started sending people there, there were many of the Verizon support staff reading the user section of the forum so would suggest posting there first and being "invited" to post in direct but the quality in the user help went down as far as official support but it would be nice to see some type of previous post or initial post of a topic to know what to say or ask but the reason for that being private is you will need to divulge some personal information that can verify your account which shouldn't be made public and if that initial post was made public, most likely someone would then PM pretending to be from Verizon and obtain that personal information.

It would probably be a good idea to write down the numbers that way you are aware if they change (refresh that pairing info page). It's also a good idea to read the dashes (when working by phone) in the numbers as occasionally the software used on the provider's end needs them entered as Cisco/moto have the dashes in different places and though Verizon generally doesn't use Cisco cards, they did set up simulcrypt (at least at one time) that broke many ATI/AMD boxes from the Vista days which "allows" them in theory to use either so it is conceivable their software may more likely require such entry.

Jedk

Post by Jedk »

Via the DSLReports, Verizon Direct.
I got a message back to connect to them via Facebook.
Then on Facebook I messaged with a tech who again didn't know what I was talking about.
From there he said we need to continue the conversation on the Verizon chat, and he sent me a link.
I followed that link, and that put me in a private chat on Verizon but with a totally different tech: Bethany.

Bethany understood the problem right from the beginning.
She asked for my card's serial number and my card's Host ID.
I sent her the entire screen shot from the pairing page on my.hdhomerun.com (192.168.1.10).

After a short while she said to rescan the channels.
That first scan didn't help.
A few more minutes, and she said scan again, and then all the DRMs started showing up.
She said she had to do something "manually" from her end using the IDs I sent her.

So finally, after five techs and two cable cards... finally working :)

Jed K