HDHR5 Loss of channels/signal strength - hancox

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
hancox

HDHR5 Loss of channels/signal strength - hancox

Post by hancox »

Kind of similar issue here. This has happened more than once now, including last night.

My HDHR5-4K will go completely wonky. It responds on the network, appears to be functioning, but won't tune anything. A channel scan finishes in a second or 2, and yields no channels.

A reboot of the box, and it's fine again - channel scan immediately gives the expected channels back.

I turned diagnostics on ( 1080FEC6 )

NedS
Silicondust

Re: HDHR5 Loss of channels/signal strength

Post by NedS »

hancox wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:42 am Kind of similar issue here. This has happened more than once now, including last night.

My HDHR5-4K will go completely wonky. It responds on the network, appears to be functioning, but won't tune anything. A channel scan finishes in a second or 2, and yields no channels.

A reboot of the box, and it's fine again - channel scan immediately gives the expected channels back.

I turned diagnostics on ( 1080FEC6 )
We also need a channel scan:
  1. Go to the http://my.hdhomerun.com/ site
  2. Click your HDHomeRun's device ID
  3. Click Channel Lineup
  4. Click on Detect Channels

Reply back to this post and we will check the logs.

hancox

Re: HDHR5 Loss of channels/signal strength

Post by hancox »

done @ ~712AM EDT

nickk
Silicondust

Re: HDHR5 Loss of channels/signal strength - hancox

Post by nickk »

Hi,

What app are you using?

Can you please run a channel scan on the device itself - go to the device webpage, select Channel Lineup, Detect Channels.

Nick

hancox

Post by hancox »

I ran the channel scan from the device itself. You may see additional channel scans based on rabbitear's live bandscans. I can stop for a time, if it helps.

hancox

Post by hancox »

My HDHR5 is currently in this bad state. Ran a couple of manual scans, no channels detected. I’ll keep it in this state for a while. Let me know if you need more info, @nickk.

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

hancox wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:50 am My HDHR5 is currently in this bad state. Ran a couple of manual scans, no channels detected. I’ll keep it in this state for a while. Let me know if you need more info, @nickk.
Please e-mail us at support@silicondust.com, mention this thread, and we will arrange for a replacement.

hancox

Post by hancox »

Thanks. Sent.

orbot
Device ID: 1067A183 1067A7DF 1067B6F8 1080F019

Post by orbot »

This sounds like the same frozen tuner error from this thread: viewtopic.php?f=125&t=75096

This happens on all my hdhomeruns (3x hdhr5, 1x hdhr4k). You can get around this by letting a script run in the background that periodically checks the status of your tuner and automatically reboots it if necessary.

hancox

Post by hancox »

Yep - basically exactly this, and same reboot fixes.

ffhamm

Post by ffhamm »

Mine did this this am as well. HDHR5-4k SW version 20210224. Does not show any channels. Device ID 1080f2e0. Last log entry shows 20210427-04:57:30 Tuner: tuner2 http stream ended (remote closed). Rescan is almost immediate and shows no channels found. Channel lineup shows 0 channels.
Send diagnostic information is turned on.

Should I do anything else prior to reboot that may help the developers?

Jeff

hancox

Post by hancox »

NedS wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:43 pm
hancox wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:50 am My HDHR5 is currently in this bad state. Ran a couple of manual scans, no channels detected. I’ll keep it in this state for a while. Let me know if you need more info, @nickk.
Please e-mail us at support@silicondust.com, mention this thread, and we will arrange for a replacement.
Sent a follow-up mail to support given the beta firmware release - no answer. Mind replying, before i take action?

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

hancox wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 5:20 am
NedS wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:43 pm
Sent a follow-up mail to support given the beta firmware release - no answer. Mind replying, before i take action?
It looks like your replacement should have shipped already. If not, let me know and I will see what is going on with that. Since you still have the original unit, you can try the beta firmware and that will give us some additional data. Use the Windows or Mac desktop installers and select the beta download link in the linked instructions:

Updating firmware from Windows: https://info.hdhomerun.com/info/update# ... windows_pc

Updating firmware from Mac: https://info.hdhomerun.com/info/update# ... from_a_mac

If no change, go ahead and send the original unit back with the shipping label we sent you.