Upgrade Question

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
MidwestCableCutter

Upgrade Question

Post by MidwestCableCutter »

I bought the Antenna, I purchased a Duo I got them working. I purchased the DVR software and it is working even over wifi. My NAS Arrives today for direct hook-up I got a fire stick and wow so much nicer than Roku. (I have a couple Roku to get rid of now)

So I am very happy but I need more tuners. Can I .....

Buy a Quatro to add and will then have 6 tuners. It will integrate with everything without buying another DVR subscription?

Thanks for any info.

Jim

nickk
Silicondust

Re: Upgrade Question

Post by nickk »

MidwestCableCutter wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:11 am So I am very happy but I need more tuners. Can I .....
Buy a Quatro to add and will then have 6 tuners. It will integrate with everything without buying another DVR subscription?
Yep.

You can have any number of tuners, any number of record engines, and any number of clients - they will all work together as one DVR system. The subscription is for TV guide - only one subscription needed.

Nick

MidwestCableCutter

I got the new 4k Flex per Anthony's suggestion. Other than some delayed reaction it appears to work. But how do you load the DVR service on it. I already owned the Duo and purchased the DVR service.

I took the duo out for now wanting to test the new unit but it say No DVR service. I did attach at WD 2G external drive and it says it is there, it formatted and 1.99g is available. Pausing live TV works but will not record anything.

i have found no documentation on the new unit. No set up instructions or anything.

Link? How to get the DVR Service Loaded ?

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk »

HI,

The trick is to click the activation link in the email you received when you ordered the DVR service.

Nick

MidwestCableCutter

That did the trick thank you. Even got my old stuff that was set up. Now just like last time the audio is out of sync. It works fine till the DVR is started. I give up.

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk »

MidwestCableCutter wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 8:14 am That did the trick thank you. Even got my old stuff that was set up. Now just like last time the audio is out of sync. It works fine till the DVR is started. I give up.
Audio sync - which client device do you have?

Nick

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk »

We found and fixed a stutter / A/V sync issue.

Windows 10 - install the latest release (20210511 or 20210512).
Android release 20210512: https://download.silicondust.com/hdhome ... ndroid.apk (it should be available in the app store tomorrow).
Mac, iOS, and AppleTV should be submitted tomorrow.

Nick