HDHR3-US no longer gets program guide, can't change channels

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
haverchuck

HDHR3-US no longer gets program guide, can't change channels

Post by haverchuck »

This is my hardware:
Model: HDHR3-US
Device ID: 10373957
Firmware: 20200225
I have this version of HDHOMERUN
Version 20210206 (App)/20210412b (UI)

About two days ago, I am unable to change the channel because the TV guide comes up blank. I can watch the last channel the tuner was at, but because no TV guide is there, nothing I click on lets me change the channel.

Did something change recently on the guide?

And even without the guide if I could just change the channel on the tuner, at least I could use the HDHR3-US to watch TV without the guide.
But I could find no way to change the channel (tried up arrow, down arrow on the PC, no luck).

debk

Re: HDHR3-US no longer gets program guide, can't change channels

Post by debk »

Model: HDHR3-US
Device ID: 1032CC3F
Firmware: 20200225

I have the same problem.
Ran setup. Nothing changed.

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk »

Fixed.

haverchuck

Post by haverchuck »

Thank you, everything seems to be working again as before. The guide is back and I can again change the channel.

Just wondering, is there any way to do a channel UP/DOWN or enter a channel number to navigate or is the slide guide the only way to change the channel?
I use IOS/Win10/Android versions of the HDHOMERUN software.

Thanks again for the fix.

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

haverchuck wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:07 pm Thank you, everything seems to be working again as before. The guide is back and I can again change the channel.

Just wondering, is there any way to do a channel UP/DOWN or enter a channel number to navigate or is the slide guide the only way to change the channel?
I use IOS/Win10/Android versions of the HDHOMERUN software.

Thanks again for the fix.
Channel number + enter and chan up/down are both supposed to work, but there's some Android TV quirks that we're still figuring out to get the right desired behavior. Right now number+enter prompts the on-screen-keyboard, rather than going to that channel number. Chan up/down should work for most remotes, but some Android remotes do different commands for those buttons.

haverchuck

Post by haverchuck »

Oh, when I said Android, I meant an Android phone/tablet, not an Android TV box.
So there is no remote control, just the Android phone/tablet touch screen.
Same with IOS iPhone.

Now that the channel slide guide is working again, I found that on Windows 10, the HDHOMERUN software does accept numbers + Enter to jump to a channel quickly. Also arrow up/down works to move up/down in the slide channel guide.
But when the slide guide was non-functional, neither of those methods allowed me to change channels.

Thanks.

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

In that case, tapping the search icon on a phone/tablet should also work for entering specific channel numbers.