Unable to play channel protocol error

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
jdw251

Unable to play channel protocol error

Postby jdw251 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:55 am

I have an hdhomerun refurb quatro i purchsed about a week ago. It has been working great.
This weekend i cannot use it at all. I always get unable to play channel protocol error.

I have red though the forums and have tried everything that has been listed, reboot all pc's, unplug the quatro. reboot router, updates etc. Nothing helps. I can view channels thru plex. But i would rather use the hdhomerun app. It quicker and loads channels almost instantly when its working. I did buy a yearly subscription for the dvr function.

Any help appreciated.

jd

signcarver
Expert

Re: Unable to play channel protocol error

Postby signcarver » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:46 am

Where are you seeing the error? Do you have any legacy equipment on the network? Have you tried without the dvr? When a dvr is detected the app uses that to tune/stream from (unless drm currently) and it may be having some issues (rather than the tuner).

jdw251

Postby jdw251 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:57 am

It will do it on any device including an android phone all windows 10 pcs. and a macbook pro. As soon as the app is opened i will get the error. How do i go about disabling the dvr functionality? I can try that.

jdw251

Postby jdw251 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:35 am

Ok i just fixed it. I figured out how to get back into the dvr setup. I reran the program and the channel list showed no channels. (somehow they all got deleted) I rescanned found all my stations . I then checked the dvr tab and somehow the hard drive jumped from drive leter d: to e:. I set the new path and all is working again. Thanks for you help.

Return to “HDHomeRun Hardware Setup & Troubleshooting”