DRM recordings - softwaresalesrep

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
softwaresalesrep

DRM recordings - softwaresalesrep

Postby softwaresalesrep » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:21 pm

Hi Y'all I'm new to the forum but long time Silicon Dust user, I have 2 primes and an OTA device so 8 tuners had it going nice with Windows Media Player : ( RIP and now revisiting it with the App and DVR (just signed up for it) and have played with Kodi. I have Cablevision and can watch DRM Channels on my windows 10 PCs and also tested through the PS4 and my iPhone. But as far as replacing any cableboxes with it, not possible until DRM recording is available, the workaround in Windows Media Center was that you could watch those recordings only on the one device you recorded it on. It sucked, but was better than nothing. Any chance SD DVR will be offering at least that anytime soon??? Or any hacks or add-ons out there?
Last edited by softwaresalesrep on Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jasonl
Silicondust

Re: DRM recordings - softwaresalesrep

Postby jasonl » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:14 pm

DRM support for the DVR is a work in progress. No timeframe to share right now. WMC is the only available option at this time.

softwaresalesrep

Postby softwaresalesrep » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:58 am

OK : ( will have to crank up a Win 7 box and get WMC going again!

markeby

Postby markeby » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:43 pm

It looks like my investment in the kickstarter for this is probable down the tubes. I will likely be dropping cable before they have cable content working for my HDHOMERUN PRIME. Still stuck with WMC until the computers die and it can't be installed anymore.

softwaresalesrep

Postby softwaresalesrep » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:33 am

Yes, I feel your pain, I don't even want to cut the cord, I want to shave it, by giving the thieving cable company back the cable boxes they are ramming down my throat with monthly rental fees plus the DVR fees. If SD could record premium content this would be possible, now that would be a real "HomeRun" : )

WMC is now very slow and sluggish I couldn't even get HD channels to come in this time around, I will have to fight with my cable provider to see if that is even possible, however, they did come in nicely on the SDHR Windows 10 app.

softwaresalesrep

Postby softwaresalesrep » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:50 am

Any recommendations for DRM decoders out there?

Return to “HDHomeRun Hardware Setup & Troubleshooting”